Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobart G-213 welder/generator switch direction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for any and all responses. Does anyone have a manual for my newest project a g-213 Hobart welder generator? I can't get any spark from the FM mag but i will figure that out, I have a Wisconsin TJD manual for the motor. Welder serial is 86ws02234. I think this is a 1986 model and appears to have very low hours, tons of brush life left but I would love an operators manual or any info out there.
    Thanks again. [email protected]

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by ikeman87 View Post
      Hi everyone I picked up this Hobart G-213 at a auction for $50 every thing seems to be in good shape but im not sure what any of the switches do and Id like to know what im doing before I try firing it up. could someone please send me a manual.

Mod: G-213
      Ser: AAW-80993

my email is [email protected]

I emailed the manuals to you and don't know if you received them.

Comment

mla2ofus- yes I did thank you and to everyone else who also emailed me manuals I really appreciate! I had to order some magneto parts and then she`ll be ready to fire up il post some photos or a video when I get it running, thanks everybody!

Comment

Are these similar to the G235 units? (AAW-48440) If so I could use a some wiring diagrams as well [email protected] thanks in advance.

Comment

You machine SPEC number is 4130. Most of the DC generator versions of the G235 are similar to the G223 or 213.
            Check your email.

Comment

Thank you sir! Got it running again and started a bead but engine not keeping up. Now to find Wisconsin parts for a 1965 model....

Comment

Also should ask if there are still parts available for these machines. From what I’m seeing it’s slim pickings. Thanks again.

Comment

It could be it needs some governor adjustment. Assuming the "V" in your email add is capitalized. If it isn't let me know. I sent you the engine manual and I'll wait to be sure the email add is right before sending the manual for the 12v or 24v model depending on which you have.
                  Mike

Comment

I did get what I am assuming is your email. Thank you for that, much appreciated. It is a 12 volt system, I had everything back together correctly. The problem was in the distributor. I noticed when connecting the kill switch it would spark when hooking up, which made me think something was pulling current. Turns out when I installed new points the “felt” strip that keeps the points from grounding to distributor housing was deteriorated and causing a short. Placed some electrical tape over it and half a revolution she lit right off. Always something simple. It is a good running machine I’ve had for a few months on the truck (barn find) and hopefully can keep it going for another couple of years. If any of you guys are still using these, where are you getting service/maintenance parts from? I picked up a new cap/points/rotor etc from a place in VA called Brillmans.

Comment

• OK, I'll send the welder manual. Enjoy them both!!
                      Mike

Comment

• I'm needing a manual for a G-213 welder Serial number 78WS 01702 any help would be greatly appreciated
                        ​​​​​

My email is [email protected]

Comment

• Stumped here. I have a generac 4000watt generator that I've tried to flash. As long as I have a 12volt battery hooked up to it will put out 110 volts. As soon as I disconnect the 12volts I lose all power from it. Any ideas?

Comment

• You'll probably get more help with a separate thread rather than this one for an old Hobart welder. AFAIK some small gennies use capacitors for exciters. I wonder if this is the case with yours and the capacitor is no good.
                            Mike

Comment

• Hi everyone, really enjoyed reading all your posts. I just picked up a G-213 in pretty good looking shape sitting in a garage on a farm but I don't know how old it is, been sitting for years. Can any one help me out with a manual serial is AAW-82026 TJD-2 I would really appreciate it. email is [email protected]

Comment

• Well i got it running today. cleaned the carb and fuel pump, tank looked ok. Had no spark so I cleaned the points and put in a new condenser. put some gas down the air intake and it fired right up like it wasn't sitting at all. tried the outlets and they worked, tried to weld and this thing worked great.These are great machines.But i have one question . Does anyone know what the knob or button is on the carburetor side of the unit, on the welding cabinet.It feels like it pushes in?

Comment

Working...
                                X