Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobart G-213 welder/generator switch direction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart G-213 welder/generator switch direction?

I bought an older Hobart G-213 arc welder/generator, it also has a hand crank; 200 amp DC..has a Wisconsin TJD motor. Which way is "ON" for the switches, up or down? There is 1 near the motor & 1 on the weld panel?? Could someone send me a manual please? I don't know the HP on the motor or the wattage the generator puts out. I have put in 93 octane gas, new plugs, & now two 12 volt batterys & it turns but no start?? Please advise, this machine was running b4 I got it about 6-7 mths ago...thank you for any help. [email protected]

G-213 Manual

John, just sent you one good luck, Dw

Comment

Hello Operator4100

Could you please resend me the Hobart G-213 manual? For whatever reason it still hasn't come thru...thank you again....John

Comment

Manual for G- 213 hobart welder

Hello i think i have the same welder. On mine there is no on- off, the switch on the front is up for idle power and down for weld and power. The switch at the back is 24 volt charge and down is 12 volt charge. I wish i could get a copy of that manual. If you get one my email address is [email protected]
        Thanks Bob

Comment

G-213

Hey bob just sent you one, hope it helps.. To all of us with these G-213's we need to find someone that can make the porcelin spacers that attach to the coil on the side of welder, mine are all broken but one and I took it out and improvised for now using PVC pipe to keep the coils seperate, Hobart doesnt carry them anymore,,,, DW

Comment

Originally posted by Operator4100 View Post
            Hey bob just sent you one, hope it helps.. To all of us with these G-213's we need to find someone that can make the porcelin spacers that attach to the coil on the side of welder, mine are all broken but one and I took it out and improvised for now using PVC pipe to keep the coils seperate, Hobart doesnt carry them anymore,,,, DW
            Thanks For the manual it was exactly the right one, i hate guessing. If i come up with a better repair for you i will let you know.

Bob

Comment

I need a copy of the g213 manual please.

Hi guys,

I am trying to do my father this favor and find a copy of this manual. I do not know anything about it other than what he told me. It is a gas and generator welder, with a wisconsin 2 cylinder. This means absolutely nothing to me, but might make sense to you, I found online a copy of the manual for the engine but he doesn't need that part I guess. If this is the same manual that you have can you please email it to me. If it is different--do you have any suggestions on how I can get a copy of the right one? My email is [email protected] Thanks

Comment

G 213 Manual

Wow lots of people have this welder. I sent a copy to you Tomkar30 hope its the correct one.

Cheers
                Bob

Comment

Hobart G213 manual

Does anyone have a manual for the Hobart G213 Welder I really need one. I just bought one of these machines
                  and am trying to get it running. IF this post double I am sorry. I posted this yesterday and it is not showing up
                  today thanks for any help

Comment

G-213 Manual

Hey, post your email address and I or someone else will send you a copy,,,, DW

Comment

Hi there. I'd sure be willing to pay someone for their time to send me a manual and any diagrams available for this machine. It welds beautifully, but doesn't make a single volt from the receptacles.

I find the switch position interesting with two different battery charging voltages available. Mine has no electric starter motor but rather uses the field windings to start the engine. Both batteries are in series so the output is 24VDC. I don't know why there would be a 12VDC selection available unless the owner option to install a starter motor, or use six volt starting batteries in series?

Thanks,

Rob
                      Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Comment

Today out of curiosity I removed the end bell cover for the brushes and holders to check integrity. To my surprise the brushes were physically removed from the holders and laying by their connection wires outside of the mounts. Also the assembly that houses these items was missing an insulator, washer, and locknut to retain the assembly immobile. Long story short is that I made an insulated bushing from a nylon license plate retainer insert, used a couple of flat washers and two nuts for jamming the thing so it won't work loose. Also cleaned the slip rings with crocus cloth and electrical cleaner along with the brushes which have a lot of "meat" left to them. After verifying brush spring tension and finding it equal, I reassembled the brushes into the holders, and set the springs into place.

Upon starting the engine and using a hand held speed tachometer, I set the engine to 1800 rpm yielding 60hz output frequency. When checking for voltage out put from the receptacles, I get about 1.6VAC from the 120 volt receptacles, and 4.2-3.2VAC from the 230 volt receptacles. This is with the switch in the "standby power" selection. When the switch is placed in the "weld and power" position, the voltage jumps up a bit and is linear from the 120, and 230VAC receptacles.

There is some evidence of rodent damage but nothing that is shorted. After vacuming the space, I did place a piece of shrink tube onto one excitation wire, but it was in no danger of contacting anything from vibration. The machine welds beautifully, (for a beginner), starts very easily, and so far I'm really happy. The former owner said he never tried to use it as a generator as there was another generator on his service truck that also powered his light plant. I tend to believe him looking back at the way his things and facility were maintained.

Thanks for listening.

Rob
                        Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Comment

Hello all. Operator4100 - I just sent you a PM.

Comment

Hobart G-213

Picked-up a Hobart G-213 about 6 months ago. Started, ran, welded and had AC out-put. Tried starting it up the other day and would only crank over very slowly and wouldn't start. Removed the spark plugs and it would crank over a little faster but still not enough. Removed the gen-end bell cover and checked the brushes, slip-rings and connections but still a no go. Suggestions anyone? If there is a copy of the service manual/schematics? My email
                            is "[email protected]" . Thanks in advance

Comment

Try turning the engine by hand or with a wrench, it should not be all that hard to turn, with the exception of compression strokes. If it is turning over slowly but easily I would suggest checking the battery; the connections at the battery and the starter. The brushes will also cause the starter to move slowly and the starter switch may be bad, although not likely.
                              Last edited by Zork; 07-31-2012, 08:32 PM. Reason: who cares

Comment

Working...
                              X