Gen/welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen/welder

i have been looking for used but as i talk to some they say it is really taking a chance on getting a good unit ,

so new question ,,

could it be beneficial in any way to get a new stand alone welder and stand alone gen to run it ? would i be able to get into it any cheaper that way ?

i did see lincoln ranger 10,000 was on sale for 2650, (unit only )

used welder

Your best bet is to buy from the orginal owner.He can tell you the history and maintenance . Also,when looking at welders if it is beat up,engine wiring cobbled up,controls broke or generally looks like a piece of crap,walk on by! If it is equiped with an hourmeter,you can see how many hours the unit has run.

Comment

That doesn't sound like a bad deal on the Lincoln, depending on the hours and condition.

A new Hobart Champion 10000 is $2500 - $3000 with a 5/3/1 warranty.

A new 10000 watt generator runs $3000 - $4000 with a 2 year warranty. Then you still have to buy the welder.

Used would be similar, just cheaper, and no warranty. You can find good used deals, Just follow BWLDNG's recommendations and stay away from rental equipment, anything that smokes while running and that generally has over 3000 hours on it, unless you like doing engine rebuilds.

---Mike---
      BUY AMERICAN... THE JOB YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!!!!!

Hobart Champion 16
      Miller external secondary contactor
      stick foot pedal
      remote voltage control(homemade)
      Hobart Portafeed 17(w AG-2000 control box)
      Bernard Q350 mig gun
      Hobart AG-2000 pull gun
      Lincoln Hi-Freq k799(yes, I know it's red)
      Weldcraft CS300 tig torch
      Miller RFC-23A foot pedal
      Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 50
      Victor 450/300 series torches
      oodles of connecting cords

I can fix it, just pay me to replace it first

Comment

Working...
      X