HELP Lincoln Classic II with deutz motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Lincoln Classic II with deutz motor

Like I said HELP. The welder on the service truck just stopped running. I checked it out and It had a blown fuse.(behind the panel under the engine protection switch). It ran for a bit and died the next day. Now the fuse blows just like that. We have narrowed it down to either the Fuel solenoid (Deutz motor $500 and three weeks out) or the Engine protection switch($400). Does anyone know how to test the protection switch. Or any repair info or links to repair info. Thanks, Rpmmillwright

Got a code number from the welder? Or the model of the Deutz? Then we can help.

Comment

The code for the welder is 10071.
      We think the murphy switch may be to blame it is Murphy part #s16897-u
      As for the Deutz The only #s I can read are 175149kz and c12.
      Any help would be great.
      Thank you
      , Rpmmillwright

Comment

Can't find that Murphy #, but check this out.
        http://www.fwmurphy.com/pdf/78793B.pdf

Comment

Try removing wires 58A and 58B from the Murphy. Leave 58 to the fuel solenoid hooked up. See if the fuse still blows. On Deutz 1011 engines, the fuel solenoid is a common problem.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I was at the murphy site lots of info but nothing to help with the diagnostics. I will try disconnecting 58a and 58b tomorrow. If it ends up being the fuel solenoid is there someone you guys would suggest that would have it. The diesel tec the owner uses is telling us its about $500 and takes 2 to 3 weeks to get. Seems really expensive and a long time to me. someone around should have one I would think. Thanks for your help I will let you know tom. Rpmmillwright

Comment

If your lucky you can hold the fuel solenoid on with a bungie to keep it running. Had to do that on a Volvo loader those thiefs get almost a grand for there part
              "Weld It And You Won't Be Screwed"
              Rescued from the boneyard SA-250 on a fully equipt trailer (My Wife's Explorer cries every time I hitch up)
              Trailblazer 301G (can't touch the SA-200 for stick)
              Arcair K-4000 A.K.A "The Hissing Cobra"
              HF- 251 TIG box for the TB with a Weldcrap torch, Yes I weld aluminum
              More than a toolbox full of stuff on an F-350 that is way to small

Comment

Originally posted by rpmmillwright View Post
                Thanks for the info guys. I was at the murphy site lots of info but nothing to help with the diagnostics. I will try disconnecting 58a and 58b tomorrow. If it ends up being the fuel solenoid is there someone you guys would suggest that would have it. The diesel tec the owner uses is telling us its about $500 and takes 2 to 3 weeks to get. Seems really expensive and a long time to me. someone around should have one I would think. Thanks for your help I will let you know tom. Rpmmillwright
                Where are you at? Up here, the solenoid is about $385 Canadian or $315 USD.
                If I have your location, I can find you the nearest Deutz dealer.
                That Murphy number is Lincoln's part number not Murphys.

Brian

Comment

Thanks for the information Guys. I did not get a chance to work on it today. Told the boss his tec is way to high. The murphy switch is only $75 tops. Spent the rest of the day patching a customers s.s. tank they collapsed. 2 feet deep in corn mash what a mess.
                  Rpmmillwright

Comment

The Tozzi idea is a good one.

I don't know what the solenoid in question looks like, but if it has a cover you can remove you might be able to use a bolt and nut through the cover to hold the solenoid core in the desired position.

Comment

Well the solenoid appears to be functioning correctly Now I just need to get the time to check out the murphy switch. It has been one of those mondays had an electrical fire on one of the service trucks first thing this morning.

Comment

They recomend, and it does help, that you lube the fuel solenoid shaft a couple of times per year with powdered graphite. Just squeeze the boot open a little and squirt some in.

Most construction equipment rental outfits are deutz factory repair shops. Those engines are in a lot of different stuff.

JTMcC.

Comment

Well I had the guys put the machine back together so that we could troubleshoot the switch. I did not get a chance to do it myself But they found it to be the selonoid. Ordered another one for $475. OUCH!!!
                          MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
                          Rpmmillwright

Comment

Working...
                          X