X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrankcoProducts
    replied
    Originally posted by 08dodge View Post
    Good evening, I bought a old beta mig 170. Welded great, but the last time I powered it up to use the wire speed was running like I had it maxed out along with the voltage turned all the way up! I turned both adjustments all the way down and it still is running awful and hot! Could this be a circuit board or something else? I’m not a electrician or circuit board kind of guy so any help would be appreciated!
    It certainly sounds like an issue with the circuit board. I repair circuit boards in welding equipment and some other commercial machinery for a living, frankcoproducts.com

I can repair this board, no problems. First check the potentiometer to make sure it isn't bad. There are 3 pins, the two outer pins will measure the potentiometers maximum resistance. The center pin to any one of the outer pins will measure the resistance as you vary the knob, therefore the resistance will vary between about 0 ohms and the maximum. If the resistance is varying then I would conclude it is the board.

Leave a comment:

• 08dodge
    started a topic No volt/amp adjustment

No volt/amp adjustment

Good evening, I bought a old beta mig 170. Welded great, but the last time I powered it up to use the wire speed was running like I had it maxed out along with the voltage turned all the way up! I turned both adjustments all the way down and it still is running awful and hot! Could this be a circuit board or something else? I’m not a electrician or circuit board kind of guy so any help would be appreciated!
Working...
X