Went in to HF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went in to HF

I only had a couple minutes to look but whoory cow, the pile of machines and the different models. Would take a couple hours to sort thru them all. The amount of stock was incredible. I went in to TSC,,,, absolutely dismal. Hobart should be embarrassed to have that in those stores and should send a truck and pull it off the shelf. The niche demographics let that store limp on but its really pitiful. They had the position to be a powerhouse in tools but limped along and let HF kick them, same as Sears.
    It must run on enough margins for the rest of the junk since the real equipment is usually out of stock, boxes empty, old models, had 1 or 2 current models of welders. I asked the guy why the box was empty,,, well someone stole it, a plasma cutter. Was 15 years ago. Still have AC/DC tranny box on shelf, empty and a 230 they have discounted to 999 and cant sell. Spools of wire missing but a pile of 6013 on a top shelf cant be reached.
    http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Cant tell the managers from the stockers, the culture is pathetic. Especially once the former burger flipper is promoted to asst manager, all of a sudden they are brilliant and have excuse for anything. I actually got an applause for telling one loud enough to hear that,,,, no,,,, Rockford did not run out of 3/8 nuts, b Another said after someone opened a p[ackage to get at a replacement part,,, how rude of the customers and I said,,, how rude to have an empty shelf of such a common part. One says,,, we only sold 2 last year,,, the concept that the shelf is empty is over their head. Maybe if its empty we should order more? If we sell all the 030 solid maybe we should try to order 3 rolls this week instead of 2 and no need to pile the 13 higher.
    I took a little trip yesterday and went to 4 major stores, passed it up despite driving by it twice, bought a roll of wire at Menards.
    Last edited by Sberry; 07-13-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

These posts are hilarious..made my day.

Comment

But then again was looking for 1-7/8 ball coupler for my log splitter with 2 inch tongue.... Went to hardware store #1 ...NOPE.... Went to hardware store #2...Nope.... Went to only Auto Parts in town ...Nope.... Drove 25 miles to nearest TSC and they had 6 hanging on the hook..... But store has not been open long enough to get corrupted... Almost wanted to buy a 210MPV on opening day sales, but NOPE have to special order it...
        "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

They built a new Blains across the street from TSC, a monster with people tripping over each other the only time I was in it. The tool section is big, lots of battery tools. I have heard people say theyu dont like going in there, maybe its the size makes if feel like a Menards, I am not sure. I was on a mission, they had the hydrant I wanted, I might have glanced at the welders and they had some, a couple flavors. Lincoln has a spot in some other stores, I think they should be an exclusively Hobart dealer.
          TSC used to carry a farmhand and clarke and one guy said, 5% of our sales and 95% of our problems and people bought them never bought consumables or accessories, gas etc. They should have really leaned on Hobart, become a real dealer and said,,, you cant buy a bad welder in this store.
          The displays are not right, all the stuff ganged togetherr and some parts should be locked. The consumables should be vertical with the welder models and complete package deals put together for turnkey operation.
          Last edited by Sberry; 07-13-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
            But then again was looking for 1-7/8 ball coupler for my log splitter with 2 inch tongue.... Went to hardware store #1 ...NOPE.... Went to hardware store #2...Nope.... Went to only Auto Parts in town ...Nope....
            You must have not known you needed it two days prior. I Amazon just about everything now. I don't need to be driving all over the place to look for it.

Comment

Would rather keep my meager dollars spent closer to home if possible... Not financing rich boys space games...

Comment

It's a fair point. But just because they are brick-and-mortar, the "local places" available to me are just different big-bad-rich-guys. So, I'm done trying to "save the world" with where my money goes.

Comment

Yeah but I like to think some of my money makes it back locally in form of wages for the drones,,,,

Comment

Everything would cost 2x or more than it does if not for some of those guys. Local hardware stores used to be ruthless and sell some of that with a straight face. I got a couple I still like to go back and kick in the *****. As heartless as Amazon, maybe more cause they did it to people they know.

Comment

The local hardware store nearest me was convenient, but legendary for price gouging. They sold batteries at twice the regular price after a hurricane or firewood at twice the price after a winter store took out power. My kids used to say *** is the place with the helpless hardware man.
                      Blacksmith
                      Stickmate LX AC/DC
                      Big cheap (Chinese) Anvil
                      Hand cranked coal forge
                      Freon bottle propane forge
                      HH 210 and bottle of C25

Comment

I am kind of surprised Hobart doesnt poke those guys with a stick about doing the stock and display. I know tractor has their model stores to develope plans but I cant see that has turned in to anything. Their stock price has survived, I guess that is the bottom line. I see reginal manager types drive from store to store and get out, bull**** a few and on the way to get a donut before heading out. All I can figure is someone come to the way they do it is cheaper, more profit or simply easier than doing the work it takes to make it what it could be. Seems corporate has all these :intentions" but they never make it to the bottom, they have a "plan" for everything or more like excuses in the end but they never move.
                        Maybe they can hang on to the fuddy duddy position while the larger stored swirl around them, not really sure.

Comment

I dont know where you guys are but Rural King stores here are killing Tractor Supply. They have Hobarts and most all accessories in stock!
                          Polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride

Comment

Originally posted by Nipper View Post
                            I dont know where you guys are but Rural King stores here are killing Tractor Supply. They have Hobarts and most all accessories in stock!
                            Believe Rural King is pretty much east coast, I am so far west I can almost see Hawaii standing on top of the California BS....

Comment

Well after a few years, I decided to get back into welding more. Went shopping online for Hobart 6011, TSC which is not far from me is $8 more per 5 lb box than Fleet Farm and they (FF) will give me veterans discount this week. I have a new Primeweld 180 Mig on order, the Hobart was about $400 more at TSC. The Primeweld will also do stick. Since I am retired prices seem a lot higher than they were.

Seems most of the old crew still here after 5 years, I am guessing RockyD is not on the members list for a reason, he and I used to discuss our heart issues. My minor stroke in 2020 was another shot across the bow, but that's the way it is.
                              Retired...
                              Master Electrician
                              Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter
                              Semi-pro/Hobby Welder
                              Hobart Handler 140
                              MakerGear M2 3D Printer

Comment

Working...
                              X