Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHERE have all the members gone from this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHERE have all the members gone from this forum?

I've been wondering for a while, WHERE is the best place on the net to talk welding nowadays? Its no secret all the forums have slowed down due to Facebook groups, but WHICH group is the best? Of all the welding groups I've tried, nothing compares to this message board, Shopfloortalk and the Miller forums, back when they were in their prime.
    Any suggestions? I need a good welding group!
    Thanks for any help.

Have you tried weldingweb.com
    Gregg
    Handler 210MVP
    Stickmate 210i

Comment

The original forum or facebook group?

Comment

the forum https://weldingweb.com/
        Gregg
        Handler 210MVP
        Stickmate 210i

Comment

I check every day. All the posts are about wanting manuals for old machines, or something else I can't help with.

Comment

Weldingweb was once a great forum. There were several old timers who were extremely knowledgeable with Miller wire feeders and all sorts of other stuff too. I think one guys name was something like 7A749 or something to that affect. Does anyone know where these guys currently frequent to discuss welding etc? Like I said, I've noticed a steep decline in forum activity, and was hoping to still be able to reach out to some of these old timers from time to time.
            . Thanks for any help with this.

Comment

7A749 was a moderator on Welding Web, got a bad case of shingles, moved on from the WWeb bickering. I haven't been logged on to welding web in quite a while. Their active member count is down quite a bit, too. Some of the oldies kicked the bucket. Some aren't much for socializing and get to be antagonizing others. My friend, Cal Weld, a long time member on here, seems to be quite busy with work the past couple years. Works like a mule. He is good with layout and complicated agricultural equipment repairs and special purpose modifications.
              Last edited by gatemaker; 08-25-2019, 08:07 PM.
              fence and gate shop worker
              At home...
              Lincoln Power MIG 180....
              Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

"7A749" (Steve) isn't doing welder repairs these days. Doing some sort of metalwork and also building up his home machine shop. He's active on Facebook.

Roy Webster (Wyoming, a.k.a WyoRoy) died 1/25/2016 https://weldtalk.hobartwelders.com/f...ebster-wyoming

Mikecwik came to a tragic end (post 8): https://weldtalk.hobartwelders.com/f...ber-me-wyoming

SundownIII ("Jay" Lewis) died August 17, 2016.

"Vicegrip" just doesn't get on anymore, it seems. I talk with him on the phone a couple times a year.

Last edited by usmcpop; 08-28-2019, 12:11 PM.
                --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
                -------------------------

Comment

I haven't been on any forums for a while. Health is neither good or bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X