Worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth getting?

I found an old hobart d-250-p. Long and short. Fires right up, welds fine. I don't know alot about hobarts, Is it worth acquiring? Here are some pictures of the unit. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Guess that depends? How much $$$? Do you actually need it or is it just a good deal you came across?

Comment

$800. Im trying to figure out if it's a good deal. Thank you.

Comment

$800 eh? Well...it runs, strikes and arc and lays a bead which is half the battle. Have you a way to haul it around? Do you need portability? What would a newer lighter multi current with more generator gas drive sell for in your area or within driving distance?

Comment

Suggest You take many angle photos. Take them to your nearest Hobart repair facility. They will know how Successful they have been at getting parts and servicing that unit . Pull the dip stick , clean oil is a good sign if it was well maintained . Good luck Tool

Comment

Well I bought it for 700: Talked to a shop they are ok with it. Brought it home now just have to clear a spot in the shop. You can never have a large enough shop.

Comment

Congratulations. May it burn you many boxes of rod in the years to come.

Comment

Working...
              X