Would this pass?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this pass?

Pass what? Looks like undercut on both sides of the bead.
    Blacksmith
    Stickmate LX AC/DC
    Big cheap (Chinese) Anvil
    Hand cranked coal forge
    Freon bottle propane forge
    HH 210 and bottle of C25

Comment

Not the worst of a weld or the best of a weld. A weld none the less. I'm not sure what the Blacksmith calls undercut, but when I blew it up, I didn't see undercut. A few slag inclusions...but I didn't see undercut? As far as passing go and collecting $200, no. That's not how they test welds, but you filled a corner with metal and that passes for something in my books.

Comment

Yes. I mean, no.

Depends.

Comment

Looks ugly but to say it passes... Can't comment needs to be tested....

Dale
          Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

What is this supposed to be, and what do you really want to know? Describe all conditions and purpose of the weld, and what standard or code you are trying to meet, and someone might give you a clear answer.

Comment

If your just learning how to weave with stick, your going in the right direction. I don't see undercut on the toes, that's good. Consistency needs a little improvement. Restarts need a little work. The bottom where you started is a little under filled. Don't be afraid of using more heat.
              Lincoln Idealarc 250
              Miller Bobcat 250
              Thermal arc Hefty 2 feeder
              Thermal Dynamics Cusmaster 52
              Torchmate CNC Table

Comment

I was hoping he'd come back with a bit more information on the rod he used? Maybe the power source and current? Judging appearance, I'm inclined to think as mentioned he's headed in the right direction, but could use a bit of guidance to lay the icing on the cake.

Comment

Looks like a nice fancy pattern, If that's what your aiming for? But certainly not a good solid well burnt in weld that would stand up to a lot pressure.

Comment

If You were on a job site with a welding Eng. Sorry No.

Comment

Working...
                    X