Rocky D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky D

Copied & posted for someone who won't post on this site.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocky D leaving.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	702140

Rocky and I have been friends, brother weldors, cohorts and co conspirators as long as I've been on the Internet.
    His published obituary is in keeping with his deeply held faith.
    Roger S Drown MARCH 5, 1942 – AUGUST 8, 2018

It doesn't say enough about the man and yet I am hesitant to violate his beliefs he held so tightly to until his last breath.
    I long ago hung the handle Hobart Herbivore on Rocky. In our last conversation he told me his Doctors had insisted he eat at least some eggs along with his diet of tree leaves and grass. He told me he really didn't like eggs at all, but he had to eat them. He knew my helmet bore an Associate Worry Angel for him so he could forget worrying and get 100% focused on healing. Rocky told me to get his angel to work. He also assured me his Lord would give him no task without also giving him the ability to bear that burden.

Rocky was a member of the Guild of Master Journeymen, a rarity in the world of the 21st Century, an honor visited upon few, and only by invitation of the Guild to men who have earned the status. In the way of Masters Rocky gave freely of his knowledge and passed his skills along to younger men seeking knowledge.

When I look to the stars at night and see one flickering I figure it's Rocky pulling a few thousand amps on his TIG torch working on that Pearly Gate assembly. I also miss the back and forth we shared for years.

RIP, Rocky! You will live on in the thousand of your wise posts which benefited weldors all over the world, in your many years on this forum. Our condolences to his family. He will be missed, but he will be remembered!

Comment

I had the privilege of visiting Rocky a couple couple of times when I was working on a couple projects at NASCO. RIP brother, Gremlin666 thanks for the post
      DrIQ

Comment

A truly good guy.RIP Rocky.

Comment

Good man. He will be missed ...

He joined this forum right about 14 years ago if the stats are correct.

I guess I've been on here 13 years, dang.
          Last edited by usmcpop; 10-05-2018, 12:58 AM.
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------
          DialArc 250 (1974), Idealarc 250 (1971), SyncroWave 250 w/Coolmate 3, SP-175+, TA 161STL,
          Lincwelder AC180C (circa 1952), Victor & Smith's O/A, Dayton (Miller) spot welder, 1200 sq.ft. of garage filled with crap and a kid that can actually run the stuff +++

Comment

Heaven Posted a call: Highly skilled welders needed. Great pay and benefits.
            Rocky answered.
            Good luck in your new position, Rocky, but we know you'll fit right in and do well.
            You old coworkers back here on earth will miss you.
            "If a problem can't be solved, enlarge it." (The 34th president of the United States)

Comment

I touched base with Rocky D several times through the past several years, I have a few items in my shop that I built that I got either the plan for or the ideas from Rocky. Quite a while back I posted a picture of a little wagon that Rocky had placed his welder on. I will miss his posts, and his wisdom. I hope he is in heaven welding and having a good time with some of the dogs he had and treasured that passed before him.

Comment

He will be missed on here. He has been a bit scare lately but was a major presence on here for many years. Based on the Herbivore comments I am guessing was a vegetarian or deeply religious in some way?
                fence and gate shop worker
                At home...
                Lincoln Power MIG 180....
                Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

Sorry to read this. Rocky and I stayed in touch through the years. God be with his family.

Comment

I didn't know him personally, but I've seen him on here over the years. Great man. God bless his family. RIP Rocky.
                    "Stick-man"
                    Miller Shopmaster 300, Super S-32P
                    Lincoln
                    Commander 500D
                    LN-25
                    Idealarc 250
                    5 Idealarc Tig 300/300's
                    Hypertherm Powermax 600

Comment

Working...
                    X