Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

220 wiring question (Hobart Handler 190)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonnieH View Post
    Sorry just seen your response. I did and am pleased with its performance no tripped breakers. I do have another issue. If I do not turn the welder off while I'm setting up another part to weld it just turns off. Still has full power to welder. I wait minutes or so and I can turn it back on. Welds just fine.
    Use fewer pronouns. I don't understand what's happening to exactly what. The breaker? The welder?

Comment

Sorry about that. The HH140 automatically shuts off just sitting there. I make a couple of small welds, and then get setup to make more welds. If the welder shuts off after about 5 minutes. I have to wait 5 or 10 minutes before I can turn it back on.

Comment

Assuming you're toggling the switch to off and then back to on to "turn it back on?" I don't think even the newer HH140 have Fan-On-Demand, but maybe just the fan is shutting off, but the welder would still weld? This is a weird one. Maybe the over-temp cut-off is malfunctioning and shutting down way too early.

Comment

I did toggle the switch to off. The welder was not making a running sound so I did not try to weld.

Comment

Sounds like you have a heat sensitiveness component/connection in unit and as it heats up it goes "open circuit" and as it cools it goes "closes circuit"... IF unit is still under warranty I would address issue with "Hobart"... Other wise it may need to be looked at by competent welder repair depot if you are not one to open it up and look for loose connections and such WITH POWER DISCONNECTED of course...

The part that is hard to understand is "it goes off but I can still weld" and later "have to wait 5-10 minutes" before it turns back on.... These two statements are exact opposite of each other.... Which is it?

Dale
            Last edited by Dale M.; 12-08-2018, 09:27 AM.
            Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

The fan should run continuously on the 190. If it is shutting off then we are either losing power to the fan or the fan motor is failing.

Comment

I do not know how I got tagged into a HH 190 forum. Mine is a HH 140. Anyway Dale M. My bad. I have not attempted to weld once the fan turns off. I just toggle machine off wait 5 or 10 minutes toggle on and fan runs, then I weld. The confusion may have came when I said, "I toggle switch off while I setup a new weld, then toggle back on when I start to weld. Thank you for your info.

Comment

Back about messages #9 you responded in this forum, maybe by mistake, but it happened....

Dale
                  Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Oh ok. Still get good info. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X