Century FC 90 vs Lincoln weld pak HD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century FC 90 vs Lincoln weld pak HD

I'm just wondering how Century FC- 90 matches up with lincoln weld pak HD I know century is owned by lincoln.

Just wondering if it's worth extra 100 bucks

Both are in 30-90 amp range so they will be about equal, Century states it can do 1/4 inch and Lincoln states 1/8 inch.... Personally 90 amp limits you to about 1/8- 3/16 materials.... First question is what are you going to use either machine for.... 120 Volt machines are limited to smaller work by nature of the beast..... IF you are limited to 120 Volt power and are going to do heavy work, I would step up to biggest 120 Volt machine with highest amperage you can afford....

http://centurywelding.com/CenturyK3493-1.shtml

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...incolnElectric)

Another limitation is the are Flux core.... Personally I prefer MIG (GMAW) which is solid wire and shield gas, much cleaner to weld with, but again it depends in your application...

Dale

Last edited by Dale M.; 03-08-2018, 08:46 PM.
    Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

I don't think I would buy either of them. Neither can be set up for mig and used for sheet metal. I have a Weld Pak 100 that I bought exactly 20 years ago. I ran it with flux core all the time and with good wire and preparing the edges multi passing I did things that I have since found out are not supposed to happen. Since I bought my HH210MVP it has now been relegated to 023 wire and C25 gas for very thin steel and sheet metal. Could last for another 20 years since it's a transformer machine. If you are pretty sure you will always be restricted to 120 then you should buy what Dale M has, the HH140.

Comment

Well I have AC-225 tombstone I'm 53 just wanting something to play around with I may invest later in weld pak 100 or bigger later really just learn as I go

Comment

Originally posted by odis View Post
          I If you are pretty sure you will always be restricted to 120 then you should buy what Dale M has, the HH140.
          or Millermatic 141, if you want to avoid tapped settings. I like being able to do minute adjustments

"never argue with an idiot; he'll bring you down to his level, and win by experience"

Comment

Originally posted by Act1964 View Post
            Well I have AC-225 tombstone I'm 53 just wanting something to play around with I may invest later in weld pak 100 or bigger later really just learn as I go
            Buying a too small a machine and not solid wire/gas capable is like throwing money away.... The more you use one the more you will rely on/enjoy it..... Wish I had gotten bigger machine like the 210MVP... Sold my 180 amp Lincoln stick machine years ago think I would not do any more welding, and then bought the HH 140 a few years ago and am welding more now than I ever did.... The mistake is buying to small thinking you are just going to play with it.... If you want to throw money away buy crappy Horror Fright, less money wasted....

Dale
            Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Working...
            X