Welding instruction for a 13 Year old Young Man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding instruction for a 13 Year old Young Man

As a favor to Dad, I will get Him away from His iPhone. Need a suggestion a a good book on basics. Tanks Tool

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    As a favor to Dad, I will get Him away from His iPhone. Need a suggestion a a good book on basics. Tanks Tool
    Rather than a book, I would get him hooked on "Welding Tips and Tricks" videos

Comment

As Northwelder states...

http://weldingtipsandtricks.com

Jody is also on Youtube, there is a lot of distractions on youtube and many people are NOT expert enough to even be there, BEWARE of YOUTUBE... Maybe only 10% of people posting there actually know what they are doing....

Dale
      Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Lets try it AGAIN and maybe using LINK will not throw me to "NOT APPROVED"...

http://weldingtipsandtricks.com

Comment

MODERATORS this really SUCKS when trying to actually help somebody with a Link and to be thrown to "Unapproved"...

Click image for larger version  Name:	wt&t.jpg Views:	2 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	699194

Dale
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
            MODERATORS this really SUCKS when trying to actually help somebody with a Link and to be thrown to "Unapproved"...

Click image for larger version Name:	wt&t.jpg Views:	2 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	699194

Dale
            This will be hands on with Old Man. Safety lessons FIRST

Comment

Toolaholic I commend you for looking to get the kid away from the Iphone, I wish you good luck with that. Not many people are into books anymore and thats a shame. Jody also recommends DVDs by Steve Bleile (I might have the spelling wrong) coming from Jody that is high praise. The videos were created for a class room setting.

Comment

Thanks, He will bring a couple of his pals also.

Comment

I'm not sure there any books that will engage a 13 yr old- not many adults either

Safety- you already know that part but try to remember you are dealing with 13 yr olds and anything heavy handed scared straight kind of stuff might backfire.

They don't know what they don't know.

Horsing around I'll boot people- dont like that crap in the shop but if a kid is using a tool in an unsafe way because they just don't know-I try to educate rather than blast them

Not saying safety should not be addressed or coddle the kids.

My son is 13 now and started lasted year on some welding projects, even got him using the abrasive saw.

It was a little easier as he had a specific project in mind that he wanted to make. A skateboard/BMX grind rail. I won't put up any links since they get locked down for approval but you can google it if you want to see images.

Simple project.
                  Ed Conley
                  Screaming Broccoli, Inc
                  http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                  MM252
                  MM211
                  Miller Passport Plus, Spoolmate 100
                  TA185
                  SO 2020 Bender
                  Miller 125c Plasma
                  "Hold my beer while I try this!"

Comment