X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usmcpop
    replied
    Originally posted by Brand X View Post
    ... He would pick on my poor little Clown car...
    Scott, Roy did have a pristine, low miles 1964 VW bus back in his shop. You know, those things did look a little like a baby locomotive, unlike your clown car. My first 4-wheeler was a '67 VW bus.

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    Originally posted by usmcpop View Post
    Joe, I should have sent you a PM.
    Don't worry about it, Richard. I haven't been doing any forums for a while now, even if you sent a Private Message I probably wouldn't have seen it. Doug remembered the connection between Roy and I, and sent an email.

Anyway, I am man enough I can cry in public, it doesn't have to be private. I will admit, reading this thread, my eyes were a little wet.

'nuff said.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• vicegrip
    replied
    We can't know until it's our turn, but it seems he didn't share the news of his fate widely.
    I remember when we lost Mike W, none of us would have know
    had not his Girl friend logged on and told us.

I felt extra bad because I joined another member
    kidding him how thin he was in his last shop pics.

Leave a comment:

• gatemaker
    replied
    roy

Usmc pops, I let Joe know about Roy.

Leave a comment:

• usmcpop
    replied
    Joe, I should have sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    I just heard about this ....

Thanks for posting, Richard

RIP

Leave a comment:

• mikecwik
    replied
    Originally posted by usmcpop View Post
    Mike, whatever took Roy down might have been sudden. I do recall a conversation maybe 3 or 4 years ago about him picking a retirement spot where medical care was reasonably nearby. Never said what it was, but not this I don't think.

Yesterday I went to my older son's grave site at Culpeper National Cemetery (been 11 years). Roy passed a day before my son's anniversary. ****ed if a train didn't pass before us we got in there. Never been held up by a train (gates and all) in the last 10 years on the last 100 yards.

I don't believe in coincidence any more. Some things are meant to be. It just happens a lot.
    Yes that is one of the darnedest things Pop.

Truth be told I think Roy finally got settled in and is messing with WeldingWebs site. It was the first thing to come to mind when I started reading about the problems!

Leave a comment:

• usmcpop
    replied
    Mike, whatever took Roy down might have been sudden. I do recall a conversation maybe 3 or 4 years ago about him picking a retirement spot where medical care was reasonably nearby. Never said what it was, but not this I don't think.

Yesterday I went to my older son's grave site at Culpeper National Cemetery (been 11 years). Roy passed a day before my son's anniversary. ****ed if a train didn't pass before us we got in there. Never been held up by a train (gates and all) in the last 10 years on the last 100 yards.

I don't believe in coincidence any more. Some things are meant to be. It just happens a lot.

Leave a comment:

• mikecwik
    replied
    I never knew the guy was even ill. For whatever reason I would have liked to have known.

Leave a comment:

• Brand X
    replied
    Originally posted by mikecwik View Post
    Yes it is a tough one for sure.
    Me too. Like many here, Roy helped out when he could.. I met Roy a few times, and the last time was this Aug. on the Wa. coast. FarmerSam took that picture at Jimmie's shop.. I think it's fitting he is sitting in front of a Clausing..

Roy always was a great writer. We had a pretty good Banter going from time to time.. He would pick on my poor little Clown car, but he did know it was much better then that trailer queen Dodge truck he had. Funny,he drove the Ford over to the Bash.. There, I finally won that one.. Took him to check out, for it to happen..

Scott

Leave a comment:

• mikecwik
    replied
    Originally posted by vicegrip View Post
    Man this is a hard one to come to grips with.
    We had a realy fun rapport, even though we never met in person.
    ========================
    Yes it is a tough one for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Don52
    replied
    Over the Xmas holiday I helped my sister in law with s project. I asked her to send me some pictures that I could share with my friends on my welding forum. It is strange that I have friends that I never met in person. Roy was one of them. He will be missed.

Don

Leave a comment:

• canoecruiser
    replied
    This is not the message I thought I'd find when checking in. No, I never met him but some things transcend distance. We all will miss him.

Godspeed Roy....God Bless you, and thanks.

Leave a comment:

• vicegrip
    replied
    Thank You D!ck !

I had all sisters, but now with a face to go with the personality.
    The personality that wasted no time advocating for me..............
    ......... both times I was (mysteriously) removed from this board!

I don't know what it's like to have a brother,
    but I do know what it's like to loose one.
    ===============================

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• usmcpop
    replied
    This is Roy, Aug. 2015.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roy Webster 8_2015.gif
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	666449

Leave a comment: