son of... that hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• son of... that hurts

i'm sure we've all had slag/spatter in the ear, what do you do about it and how do you avoid it?
    and yes before anyone asks it happened again tonight.

There is a thread about head and neck protection just started recently, seem to mention several solutions like Baklavas ...

Dale
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
      There is a thread about head and neck protection just started recently, seem to mention several solutions like Baklavas ...

Dale
      thanks will check it out

Comment

I turn the brim of my hat over the ear that is most vulnerable. Some guys wear ear plugs.

Comment

BD1 where are you located? i'm south of 64, and guessing at your signature B-bio D-diesel 1-100?

Comment

Originally posted by weld27 View Post
            i'm sure we've all had slag/spatter in the ear, what do you do about it and how do you avoid it?
            and yes before anyone asks it happened again tonight.
            Never had slag in the ear, because I always wear ear plugs when welding.
            Lincoln Idealarc 250
            Lincoln Weldanpower CC/CV engine drive
            Lincoln LN-25 wire feeder
            Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
            Various oxy-fuel setups featuring Victor, Harris, and Prest-o-lite products

Comment

Originally posted by weld27 View Post
              BD1 where are you located? i'm south of 64, and guessing at your signature B-bio D-diesel 1-100?
              Nice , but no. Bob Deb one. I'm up North at the illinois / wisconsin border. north of great america.

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                Nice , but no. Bob Deb one. I'm up North at the illinois / wisconsin border. north of great america.
                my appologies, and congratulations to Bob and Deb. sorry to hear that your so closed to Chicago.

Comment

i reveted some leather over the top/sides of my helmets. Kinda like those old 8x10 cameras where the photographer would put the clothe over his head.

Comment

Spray

Why dont you just spray some anti spatter on
                    your ears

Comment

Spatter/dingleberries in your ears & hair

I can understand where your coming from. I usually do MIG on my table, but had a lot of problems working on the buckets of loaders where you have to climb inside of them to reach the back. I'm a former firefighter and had several old Nomex / PBX hoods I used for entry firefighting. There flame and heart resistant, and in my case a good price! If you had to buy one, I'd guess they would be about $20-25 - I checked on Cyberweld and they have one for $21.45. The ones I'm talking about are fairly light-weight, not the heavy winter hoods. Hot enough without adding a heavy piece of gear whether FF or welding.

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion83 View Post
                        Why dont you just spray some anti spatter on
                        your ears
                        Because... Anti-spatter does not do a thing for keeping the sun from shining on the back of the filter glass and getting in your face while you try to look at the pudddle.

Comment

I do a lot of automotive sheet metal work, floor pans, exhaust etc.

I wear ear muffs when welding/cutting underneath a vehicle to prevent spatter in the ear.

Chris

Comment

Ear Plugs, you need them for grinding anyways.

Comment

Working...
                            X