G213

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G213

My g213 is the best generator welder that i have ever used in my long career. As i have seen in other posts mine has the typical problem of no power from the ac outlets. Being retired but still anxious to have the machine perform as was intended, i ask what can i alone do to correct this output problem? Thanks

Try flashing the field.. Do you have an owners or repair manual??
    sigpic

Comment

No manual. I have lifted the 4 brushes while running with no change. Flashing?

Comment

Originally posted by Earlwelder View Post
        No manual. I have lifted the 4 brushes while running with no change. Flashing?
        Earl,
        Here is a safe way to flash your field. There is another way by applying 12 volts to the field but not knowing your wiring I would not recommend doing that. I had to flash the one I had but, I knew which wires to use..

http://www.perr.com/tip16.html
        sigpic

Comment

G213

If you have the earlier version with no fuses on the front panel they have a reputation for burning out the 120 ac winding on the armature . The rotating generator part had 2 windings. One for the DC weld output and slip rings for the 120 AC. Check the resistance across the slip rings with the brushes removed. If open then the armature needs to be rewound. It is probably not worth doing.
          Sorry for your luck.
          O.F.

Comment

Hey guys, I realize this is a very old thread, I'm new to weld talk and could use some insight, I recently bought a Hobart g-213. The day I got it I tested it out at sellers house it produced power to outlets and striked an arc with no issues. After driving it home (2hr ride) now it will still start and run flawlessly but it will only produce power to outlets for the first 30seconds+/- of running and will not strike a strong enough arc to weld and then after the first 30seconds/minute it won't strike at all it loses all power. I have read some stuff about flashing the field, I don't know if this is something that will help my situation ? I'm 23 years old don't have a lot of knowledge on how generators work yet though I usually am able to grasp things quickly . Would be extremely helpful to find a manual for this machine as well. Hope I get a reply from someone on here it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X