Clarke Welders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarke Welders

http://www.menintools.com/clarkewe6524.html I watched a youtube welder about Manual Metal Arc welding and they used these Clarke welding machines can anyone tell me anything about them? like about the company their quality etc thanks
    Miller Trailblazer 251
    Lincoln Electric Pro-Core 125
    14''chop saw
    7 inch grinder,2-4.5 inch grinders,electric die grinder
    half inch drill
    And alot of hand tools

IIRC, Clarke is out of business. I owned a 130 amp Mig for a short time, and it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cope View Post
      IIRC, Clarke is out of business. I owned a 130 amp Mig for a short time, and it worked fine.
      IIRC? and is it still possible to acquire one of their machines? im a Lincoln guy just curious as to the older brands of welders
      Miller Trailblazer 251
      Lincoln Electric Pro-Core 125
      14''chop saw
      7 inch grinder,2-4.5 inch grinders,electric die grinder
      half inch drill
      And alot of hand tools

Comment

I've had a few Clarke hand tools. They were OK on durability, but were cheaply made Chinese tools. I wouldn't spend the money on a welder they made. Grinders and such were fine, but $500+ for a machine that you cannot get parts for?
        "never argue with an idiot; he'll bring you down to his level, and win by experience"

Comment

Clarke was in Maumee, Ohio in an industrial park off 475. They occupied a warehouse that at one end had docks for unloading overseas containers and the other had docks for shipping the unloaded and repackaged Chinese imports out to places like TSC and Harbor Freight.

The went out of business last spring. The line was taken over directly by TSC and is sold in their stores now as Black Bart or somesuch..... So you might be able to get parts but the bottom line is it's Chinese crap all the same.....

My only experience with a Clarke tool was a corded 1/2" drill. I found the smoke pretty quickly.
          So little time...So many machine tools.........
          www.flipmeisters.com

Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
          Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
          Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
          Harris OA
          Too many motorcycles.............-
          sigpic

Comment

The Clarke EN130 was made in Italy. Clarke is still sold in England as far as I know. Forney sells the same welders in the US now.
            --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
            -------------------------

Comment

I have a 30" shear, roll, brake, I got from TSC. It seems to be built very well. It'a a Clarke
              Nick
              Syncrowave 200 Tig
              Century 50 Amp Plasma
              2- O/A outfits
              Spot welder
              Jet Lathe and Mill
              Jet 7x12 horiz/vert bandsaw
              DeWalt Multi Cutter Metal Saw
              Electric Hydraulic vertical press
              CNC 60"x60" Plasma/Router table
              www.nixstuff.com
              www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ

Comment

Originally posted by usmcpop View Post
                The Clarke EN130 was made in Italy. Clarke is still sold in England as far as I know. Forney sells the same welders in the US now.
                All the ones I saw were Chi-com. Italy can't be much better. Look at Fiats...........

Originally posted by Monte55 View Post
                I have a 30" shear, roll, brake, I got from TSC. It seems to be built very well. It'a a Clarke
                I have the 40". Grizzly sells the same thing. My issue was I had to take it completely apart to clean all the goop off. That was a job in itself as it's frigg'in heavy. No issues with mine other than it takes some time to get the shear blade clearance properly set to shear light gage and the grease fittings on the eccentrics needed replaced with real Alemite fittings, no biggie. I use mine all the time. Would be nice to mechanize the shear. something I've pondered in the past.

Mine came without a manual so I downloaded the Grizzly one. It's the same.
                So little time...So many machine tools.........
                www.flipmeisters.com

Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
                Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
                Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
                Harris OA
                Too many motorcycles.............-
                sigpic

Comment

ive been using a clarke 130en for about 16 years now and all ive changed on it is one new liner and tips

Comment

Working...
                  X