trailer tailgate/ramp lift assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer tailgate/ramp lift assist

couple of months ago I was looking for plans to build a lift assist for a trailer ramp... finding little of any use, I started looking at commercial units and copying what I could...

this one is what I came up with and it sure helps an old timer with the ramp/gate..

http://www.clubfte.com/users/jniolon.../girlygate.htm

later,
    John
    My "project truck" has turned into 'garage art' !!!

Great job , well thought out , should help us old timers .
    Silver Hair Deere
    Hobart Handler 135

Comment

What did it cost?

This looks just like something I could use and still have the fun of putting it together myself rather than buying one pre-made. Can you give me a rough idea of the cost of materials?

Comment

Hi Hunt

I've got about 25 bucks a piece in the springs... 14 bucks for the rollers, 10 bucks for the cable...all the rest...tubing, hardware I already had (or found at work)... If you bought everything new you'd still come out better than buying off the market

john
        My "project truck" has turned into 'garage art' !!!

Comment

That is nice. Just about exactly like I made mine.

Though this year I think I am going change my rollers and move the gate attach more towards the top of the gate. Get more assist.

Comment

Go to the nearest UHaul and look at there trailers, they are well designed . They have a utility with a v in the front for motorcyle tires. It uses a half of a leaf spring in the center of the gate down low under the trailer, I wish I had a picture but it's worth checking out cause it is quite simple and works great. just have to dial in which springs to use.

Comment

Looks good, If anyone is interested and doesn't want to build them.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...6067_200316067
              Esab Multimaster 260 Sweet machine!
              Thermal Arc Arc Master, Don't use it much just got a heck of a deal on this unit
              Don't talk about it, be about it.

Comment

Working...
              X