No announcement yet.

Wire STUCK in liner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Sberry;384174]Good for you, It would have never occurred to me to try to save wire feeding another one behind it though, you are lucky and are learning there are places that saving a nickle costs hours. There also is a point a grinding wheel worn so far is counterprod

Yeah...Im MAYBE one step up from a chimp, so dont let that maneuver surprise you.
    It had just irked me to waste ALL THAT WIRE when the spool was done...
    However, lesson learned. Its a dumb move that I wont be doing any more.
    Dont EVEN get me started on the grinding wheel thing....
    Hope this info helps someone else down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by chicago View Post
      LOL!
      Didnt quite get it, but its funny anyway!
      You would have had to be there to get it. But it's called sarcasm.!!! "But only if you belive"..
      sigpic

Comment

Glad that you got it going!...but the "pushing" of the old 10 feet out with new wire is crazy, in my way of thinking! I know I waste at least that much every roll from my accidental trigger-bumps. I doubt that you will continue the practice, but, if you do, and the jam happens again...
        "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

The only time accepted practice for pushing old material with new is in continuous galvanizing, sheet coating or continuous drawing and then you weld the material together at the ends for a continuous run.

I've found many uses for that 10 feet. The wire makes great part hangers for rattle can painting, holding small assemblies together, congregating small parts like hose washers and poking out the lime in my shower head.....

I keep wondering if I could twine round bales with welding wire but that would be too expensive. In the old days, wire tied square bales were the norm but the wire was of a heavier gage, sort of like a coat hanger.

Got all my hay up, baled and in the barns last night. Rained easly this morning. Nothing beats dry hay, nothing.

Comment

Yeah...lesson learned. I wont be doing that again.
            At least I can save face to SOME degree by getting the remnant OUT. Id really be embarrassed if I had to fork over for a new liner for such a mistake.

So all kids watching...There is a place where to save, and a place NOT to save.

Honestly though...it had never bothered ANYONE that you just throw out 10 ft of good wire?

Ive GOTTA find a way to use that crap somehow!

Comment

Originally posted by chicago View Post

Ive GOTTA find a way to use that crap somehow!
              Tig filler metal. That would be for skinny welds. Or just tie it in a bow tie and throw it in a drum and when you get two drums filled sell it for scrap metal and with the money put it to buying a new spool. Of course that may take a while. I just bow tie it and throw it in the scrap bucket for the scrap man. I buy a 45 lb. spool of 0.35 wire for $60.00 bucks includes shipping. so 10 ft. would not mount to much wasted money.
              sigpic

Comment

MIG wire is like toilet paper. I don't pull off the good parts to use again.

Congrats on the save though!

I suggest getting a spare liner anyway. They do wear out and when they do it's never at a convenient time.

Comment

Thanks to all posters! My wire stuck issue resolved from you guys! Bend the housing end to expose stuck wire, carefully cut with Dremel tool and get the magic needle nose pliers, straighten out the hose thing and pull it all out!!!

Comment

Good thread to pop back up, I like it.
                    http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Comment

Working...
                    X