Snap-On Muscle Mig 250- Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap-On Muscle Mig 250- Good or Bad?

Looking at a practically new muscle mig 250 for $1,200. Dude said he paid $3,500 for it. Any views or opinions on this machine? Know nothing about snap-on welders. I also have an opportunity to pick up an HH 210 for $600. Is the extra juice of the muscle mig worth an extra $600? Which welder would be the better deal? Thanks.

Originally posted by 401 Ironworker View Post
    Looking at a practically new muscle mig 250 for $1,200. Dude said he paid $3,500 for it. Any views or opinions on this machine? Know nothing about snap-on welders. I also have an opportunity to pick up an HH 210 for $600. Is the extra juice of the muscle mig worth an extra $600? Which welder would be the better deal? Thanks.
    Not worth it IMHO. I think you could buy a MUCH better welder for $1200 these days. I'd buy a Millermatic 251 instead. Hobart Handler 210 for $600 is an okay price. New ones are around $800.

If you do buy the snap on welder, have fun trying to buy part for it.
    Millermatic Passport Plus
    Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
    XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12RC
    Dynasty 300 DX
    Victor O/A
    Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Comment

I'll put it this way... the HH210 is a whole lot better use of $600 than the Snap-On is of $1200.
      Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
      Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Get the HH120, and never look back. Its a great welder with great support (and even this nifty web forum with other owners and users, eh??!!). My one very sour experience with Snap On's so called customer support led me to immediately sell the machine I had at the time. Hobarts and Miller now sit in my shop, and none has given me one iota of grief...ever! I had a cable problem one time, and Hobart sent a new cable FedEx before I even sent the bad one in! these guys are GoooD!!
        "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

i like my mm250sl. of course i like our controlled systems unit at work too and its beat to **** and back. snap on customer service isnt the best so i just call the maker direct if i have a question and they have done well by me. search new snap on muscle migs here and you will get a past thread i started on these welders.

oh and i also like warm quality beer...........dont buy the snap on welder....
          Last edited by mikecwik; 08-05-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks fellas. I'm emailing the guy now to tell him "no thanks".

The HH210 is brand new. The guy said he used it one time for a "home project". He has the cart for it and a full bottle which sounds like a great price at $600. Looks like I'm going that route.

Comment

I have a 115v snapon muscle mig I paid $800 bucks for it 17 years ago. It was pretty new . I have never had a problem with it. They are very durable. I have taken good care of it. I like how I can leave my machine in the back of my suburban. With my bottle and can weld 20 to 30 feet from my truck because the wire feeder can come off of the machine. It lays a good bead for a 115v welder it's the best it can weld at 100%duty cycle. Doesn't get hot. Great penetration. It's no 230v Miller 200but it's pretty great running it off of my cheap 3000watt generator. It was sweet when working on my bus at my lot that has no utilities. I know people like to make fun of them but there is no reason if you have the voltage turned up high enough it welds like a dream.

Comment

Working...
              X