looking for info..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for info..

Good afternoon folks. I was out today and ran across a Hobart welder. I am trying to find out info on this unit. I hope to find out what year its built.

The tag says this info.
    Generator
    Amps 200
    volts 40
    GL-218 60 0/0 Duty cycle
    Serial No 5 CW- 26685
    Specs 1659

Motor
    RPM 1800
    Type WILLYS

If anyone can help i would really be thank full.

This is a Hobart Welder. the Tag says so.

hanks again. Tuesday i will get a picture of it.

iTS AN OLD GEM

Did you end up picking up this old gem? I have one and I have to tell you it welds very nicely when fine tuned.

How is the condition of the one you looked at buying? Any chance you took those pictures?

I have yet to find a single part for this welder and have been searching for a few weeks.

Comment

ninotek, he never came back.
      That post is ....... 02-20-2009,
      sigpicViceGrip
      Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Haha

Yeah I guess I wasnt paying attention to the fine print on that one eh? haha.

Comment

Hobart Welder

A little off-topic here but this might be good info for some folks. I recently sold a customer a new TIG gun for his Hobart 185. He called me after receiving the gun saying when he finished welding the gas would not turn off. I googled the problem and found an instance where the same problem happened to someone else. The reply's suggested the problem was with the gas solenoid on the back of the machine & suggested blowing compressed air back thru the machine to dislodge any dirt that might be holding up the solenoid. I called my customer back with this info & sure enough he fixed the problem by removing & cleaning the solenoid. After that experience I realized the value of forums like this.

Comment

Working...
          X