Voltage Supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage Supplies

Why do you guys have so many different voltage supplies??, in Australia we have basically two, 240V single phase and 415V 3 phase, whole lot easier to work with. I am really interested to know the reasons
    Cheers

Me Too. Here in Canada we have the basic home single phase 120v and 240v. Industrial shop have those plus the 600v three phase. Plus of course any equipment from the US or other places can require a transformer for all kinds of different voltages 240 3 ph, 460 3ph

Comment

Originally posted by Jake_SS View Post
      Why do you guys have so many different voltage supplies??, in Australia we have basically two, 240V single phase and 415V 3 phase, whole lot easier to work with.
      Dunno. Less chance of getting electrocuted with 110?

Comment

Thats an easy one. Why, because more is better! Actually I haven't a clue.

Comment

We had more out-of-work inventors around the time that the AC transmission and distribution system was invented. (High Nerd-per-capita ratio). And even more unemployed salesmen...

I suppose in the U.S. you could even get 765 kV if you had a need for it.
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X