what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do?

I recently ordered myself a metabo grinder from an online source. But they sent me a different grinder than the one I ordered But upon further investigation, I noticed that they sent me a higher dollar model(more amps and speed) but it's only a 5" and not a 6". Should I send it back and get the 6" or just keep the 5" and consider that I got it for $25 less than what they want for it retail? Any opinion on this subject would help me make a decision what to do... Thanks
    SA-250 Diesel
    ASME Section IX Certified

what to do?

it would depend on which grinder you would use the most.if i got something i could not use then i'd return it.if its something better for the same price i'd keep it. happy holidays

Comment

Well I have "heard" that size does not matter. I mean does it really affect the work you are doing by missing out on that extra 1 inch? If it does then I guess you should get the 6 incher.

I had to do a double take at the second poster as I thought it was you replying to your own post which would have been quite odd, but it was just someone with a similar name
      www.methodmetal.com.au

Comment

Maybe he has multiple personalities that live in different states.

Like he said, which one do you want? The 6" is nicer on bigger areas, but the 5" can get into corners and is a little easier to manhandle, though not much. Also consider the cost of disks as well as availability. If you will have a harder time finding 6" disks, then lean toward the 5". ('Course since you wanted the 6" originally, that probably isn't an issue.) Maybe keep the 5" and order another 6". That will solve the dilemma quite nicely.

Dave
        Still building my new old truck - see the progress!
        http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/65...-coe-idea.html
        http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=27017

Square Wave TIG 200 - Woot!
        MM180
        SP125+

Comment

I'm guessing that they were out of stock on the grinder you ordered and bumped you up.
          If they gave you more than you paid for thank them.

Comment

Originally posted by whateg0 View Post
            Maybe he has multiple personalities that live in different states.
            Maybe keep the 5" and order another 6". That will solve the dilemma quite nicely.

Dave
            You know I'm kinda like Santa, I'm everywhere all at the same time! But a far as the grinder, that's what I was thinking I might do. I mean it can't hurt to have 2 metabos could it???
            SA-250 Diesel
            ASME Section IX Certified

Comment

Working...
            X