Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikeb9550
    replied
    I just posted a similar tread under shielding gas. I bought a couple used tanks that had the welding company name on them. The bottles were suppose to be paid for. I thought I got taken but called the LWS and they said that they dont lease that bottle size and the ones they sell also have the name stamps on them and it shouldnt be an issue. I think some companies get out of the leasing or atleast certain sizes. They dont through good tanks away but in return sell them. I guess it varies by area. Just glad I didnt get taken.

Leave a comment:

• trep813
    replied
    Yeah, we like it where we are too. My steel suppler is around 50 miles away but they deliver for $20, so I can't beat that and I don't understand how they can do it for that price but I'm not going to ask them. The little lady drives 120 miles a day but loves it when she's here, she likes the peace and quiet. It IS nice in the sticks and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Leave a comment:

• dda52
    replied
    Give them a shot...but if they don't work out..go to town. I am living what you are just now experiencing. It just is not worth the headaches to deal with close by idiots rather than go where you know you can get what you want. I use two LWS primarily. The closest and best is 23 miles away. The second is 30 miles away. I use another one for hard to find stuff that is 40 miles away. My steel supplier is 45 miles away. Driving is the price I pay for living outside town. I wouldn't change a thing, though. No way will I live in town again.

Leave a comment:

• trep813
    replied
    Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
    If you find a weird spider problem and call the exterminator, and John Goodman shows up, find another rural town FAST!
    LMAO

=============================

Yeah Don your probably right but I'm hoping this new guy Tri Tech set up is going to pan out. It's less than a mile from me.

Leave a comment:

• dda52
    replied
    Make the drive. I have to drive 23 miles minimum to swap cyls out. It is a normal thing for outin the sticks...and if it gets you less headaches, then it is well worth it.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by trep813 View Post
    ...my fiancée and I are from the city and are trying to make it in a small, semi rural town.
    If you find a weird spider problem and call the exterminator, and John Goodman shows up, find another rural town FAST!

Leave a comment:

• trep813
    replied
    The problem I'm is this. There is a Jiffy Lube in town that exchanges bottles and EVERY bottle that I've taken them is "no good." They deal with Tri Tech, so I called them. I was told that these people don't know anything about anything and Tri Tech has set up another exchange spot with someone in town that does know the business.

I was told that the Jiffy Lube was calling Tri Tech 3 or 4 times a week wanting to know answers to simple questions and that they would come by my shop personally to see my bottles and do business, if I wanted them to.

My problem is that if I don't buy "in town" then I have to drive 30 miles, one way, to get fresh tanks and that I don't like and I don't like people making me look like a thief either because of my GOOD tanks.

I took it all very personal because my fiancée and I are from the city and are trying to make it in a small, semi rural town.

Leave a comment:

• Hotfoot
    replied
    Just haul it by wherever you plan on getting it filled later. Tell them you just want to know if its acceptable. They'll look at it and tell you!

Leave a comment:

• trep813
    replied
    Thanks dda52.

Leave a comment:

• dda52
    replied
    That pretty much sums it up. Slick rings means no gas company owns them. There can be exceptions, though. If it is a size that is not sold in your area, but is a rental only bottle, chances are no one will touch it even though it is owned. It all depends on what rules the gas companies are working by.

Leave a comment:

• trep813
    started a topic Owner/Lease Bottles and/or Cylinders?

Owner/Lease Bottles and/or Cylinders?

Perhaps SunDown III or another old hat can help me out. Am I right on this? If the ring on the bottle right below the cap is smooth, with no stamps in it, is that an owner bottle?
Working...
X