X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whateg0
    replied
    Originally posted by alumguy View Post
    you can put on a pair of latex gloves under your welding gloves they usually help keep your hands warm!
    Yeah, but they don't breath, and if you are working hard, and your hands get sweaty, it gets uncomfortable pretty quick.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• alumguy
    replied
    you can put on a pair of latex gloves under your welding gloves they usually help keep your hands warm!

Leave a comment:

• chenry
    replied
    i get my liners at tractor supply for @5 dollars for 2 dozen pair.

i enjoy the poly stuff when i am riding the motorcycle, but nothing but cotton
    and animal hides while welding.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Brown
    replied
    I just got a Hobart hh210 and includid in the box was one of the best looking welding gloves I have ever seen. They are white leather with tan leather strips down the back of the fingers. They look so good, I hate t o use them.

Leave a comment:

• TozziWelding
    replied
    I am old school, and still wear "liners" under my work gloves.
    http://www.galeton.com/item_detail.asp?SKU=1050

Leave a comment:

• Bobcatter
    replied
    I'm with chenry, add some liners to whatever gloves you like. I think the silk based ones are worth it, they are warmer.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0005263901532a.shtml

do a search, there are lots of them available.

While we are on the subject of staying warm, I've done away with the cotton t-shirts. If you haven't tried the poly based underwear (t shirts, long sleeves, etc), and add layers of more poly, you don't know comfort. Of course, this stuff wont' take the heat (of welding) so keep it covered, but I never realized how damp my cotton stays until I switched.

A good place to find some deals: http://www.campmor.com
    and check out their closeouts.

Leave a comment:

• chenry
    replied
    i like regular work gloves ( canvas back, leather palm ) and cotton glove liners.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    A tip from some riggers. While wearing your dirty gloves squirt some Gojo waterless hand cleaner onto gloves and work the cleaner into your gloves just like your cleaning greasy hands. Wipe your gloves onto paper towel to remove Gojo with the dirt and grease. End result is clean soft gloves.

Leave a comment:

• moya034
    replied
    Look at the Stanco and Tillman product lines, they have gloves for every situation you could possibly imagine, and some that you couldn't.

Leave a comment:

• BryanDowdy
    replied
    Thanks for all the ideas. I'll let you guys know if I find some that work really good.

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied
    I just wear standard hot-work (welding) gloves. When they get too dirty/greasy for welding, they turn into work gloves. A run throught hte washing machine keeps them in pretty good condition. Use them as motorcycle gloves, too.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm still wearing shorts. Gloves? only to prevent burns.

Leave a comment:

• DannyK
    replied
    The best cold weather gloves I have ever worn are firefighting gloves.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Originally posted by BryanDowdy View Post
    Now that winter is getting near

Oh I hear ya brother- time to wear long pants around here....... at night

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    We use some light tan ones with cloth back and thinsulate. You can get them to burn but these are listed as cold weather work gloves, seems about 8$ a pair or so. One thing is after a while one learns to keep away from the fire, I rarely burn a glove especially if I am paying attn or a coat for that matter. I remember when I first start everything I own was burnt up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X