Welding rig photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding rig photos

Would anyone care to post photos of their welding rigs? I have a curiosity to see what other weldors use to get from job to job with all of their equipment.

Hey matt,
    Ok..I'll start. This is my mobile rig that I use generally 3-5 times a week. I am not a pipeliner, rig, or structural unit as I do general welding, fabrication & repairs. I do a lot of classic car restorations and make AL D/Plate crafts and show car AL D/Plate items. My unit is fully equipped, Stick, MIG(spoolgun), TIG, O/A, Plasma Cutter, generator, & air compressor and I maintain a supply of steel, sheetmetal, and AL in the unit. After a day out in the field, I like being able to simply come home, park & unhook it and have my truck for personal use. Anyway, I hope this will let you see this type of unit some of us use for general welding. Denny
    Complete weld/mach./fab shop
    Mobile unit

"A man's word is his honor...without honor, there is nothing."

"Words are like bullets.... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back."

"I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the American Flag & the US Constitution."

Comment

Nice rig, Denny, looks too clean to be a real work trailer, tho.

Here's mine...of yesteryear

Arcin' and sparkin', Rocky D <><
      Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
      IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER...
      IF YOU'RE READING THIS IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER!

Comment

Hey Rocky,
        I'm a bugger when it comes to my equipment. There have been days that rig had an inch of mud inside & outside. I find it so much easier to be organized & clean and not having fits trying to find something I need. My machine & fab shop is the same. Thanks..... Denny
        Mobile unit

"Words are like bullets.... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back."

"I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the American Flag & the US Constitution."

Comment

I doubt that I am the only one but I may be the only one to say it. That trailer is cleaner than my house : )
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
            I doubt that I am the only one but I may be the only one to say it. That trailer is cleaner than my house : )
            lol no kidding.Man I try to keep my tools that organized...lasts about 1 day then trashed again.

Comment

yorkiepap, that is one nice rig. You have every right to be proud of that.
              Hobart Handler 140
              1963 Lincoln Tombstone AC180
              Vintage 4 x 6 Craftsman Commercial bandsaw
              Small OA rig

Comment

Nice Rig

Very nice, clean rig. I'm jealous. I try to keep basement shop area and garage shop areas clean, but they always end up looking like a blind guy was busy working. By the way, if you got any of those slick lookin' tools or equipment for free or at a way lower cost than normal, you would be eligible for a "You Suck" award. Just because you are so neat, you still might find somebody willing to give a You Suck award. I'm in a good mood today though, so I'll pass. Good LUck with your business.
                Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by Batti View Post
                  yorkiepap, that is one nice rig. You have every right to be proud of that.
                  I Agree. Very nice and clean rig Denny. Another vote for the "You Suck!" award. Jk

556man

Comment

Rigs

Here's a picture of mine. Not much but it works for me.

Comment

When you get tired of that Big Ole Red Rig,and decide to upgrade,let me know ,I cant afford to give you [Blue Book] value,but I can trade you a good old Pickup for it.

Comment

Originally posted by theweldor View Post
                        What is the Platform Tower in the background with the blue top?
                        Ed Conley
                        Screaming Broccoli, Inc
                        http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                        MM252
                        MM211
                        Miller Passport Plus, Spoolmate 100
                        TA185
                        SO 2020 Bender
                        Miller 125c Plasma
                        "Hold my beer while I try this!"

Comment

Hey guys,
                          I want to thank you for your kind comments and I will accept your gracious award. I guess it all started with my dad(91) who was a superb carpenter and quite religious regarding his tools & equipment. He was a stickler with his tools as they had to be cleaned after using, and ALWAYS PUT BACK!!!! His garage was quite messy when he was working with all the wood dust & chips, but he took that 30 minutes after each session and cleaned everything back to spotless again. Just his way as all the "old schoolers" were who were brought up that way. And he taught myself & my 2 brothers the same. I've just been used to being organized and keeping my equip. & work areas(home & job) the same. Last week I was at a jobsite to do some welding on some broken equipment and it was so muddy there, I had to use 4WD just to get to the backhoe & highlift to work on them. Talk about mud..... Took an hour to wash it after coming home. I will say that it makes an impression on customers and has benefited by getting more references.

I wanted to give those of you considering maybe going mobile an idea of a smaller unit that can be easily equipped, only takes a little space, easy to manuever, and will enhance you business quite a bit. There is nice money in going mobile.

To theweldor: You have a nice rig there and I can see that you also take good care of it. Good for you.

Thanks again guys....... Denny
                          Mobile unit

Comment

Welding Rig

WOW! nice set up denny. what kind of gen -set are you using to power everything. does it power the air compressor and the plasma at the same time. was my first thought to go and then I got a good deal on a Hobart champion 4500. just started to build my rig last week. 1989 ford short box with a flat deck.will add a picture as soon as I figure out how.once again nice rig diverdown
                            2001 dodge 4x4 welding truck.Hobart champion 10.000 miller 180 auto set with spool gun.SIP 25 amp plasma cutter. Miller Diversion 165 Tig. 1996 28 foot Bayliner to haul diving and welding equipment around the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by theweldor View Post
                              Not much??? Sheesh! That puppy is gorgeous! What do you work on mostly...I can see you can do just anything you wanted to with that rig.
                              Arcin' and sparkin', Rocky D <><
                              Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
                              IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER...
                              IF YOU'RE READING THIS IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER!

Comment

Working...
                              X