Old Hobart welding books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Hobart welding books

Does anyone have any older welding books say from the 60's and 70's and possibly the 80's?

I have old welding books, but not any from Hobart. One is "Fabrication of Oxy-Acetylene Welded Steel and Wrought Iron Piping" 1940, reprinted 1955 by Linde
    And "Brazing Alcoa Aluminum" 1959
    Last edited by Rocky D; 10-25-2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Check out http://www.abebooks.com/ This place is basically an index of many booksellers world wide. I have found some really obscure titles using this site. The prices have also been reasonable and there are no bidding games as you have on ebay.

Ken

p.s. I have no affiliation with abebooks.

Comment

How does one find out the value of a book, from say, an independent source,...without conflict of interest?

Comment

Hobart books

I am not sure about what type of books you are looking for. How to weld? Weld metals? I have an extensive libarty of old owners and service manuels dating back as far as the late 40's mostly technicnal and repair information.
          O.F.

Comment

Be more specific what you are looking for. I also have some old ones, plus a CD with many of the old military welding manuals on it.
            "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

The old book situation

I'm not sure if the book I'm looking for would be a manual or not. Supposedly my Father-N-Law's picture was in one of the Hobart books for creating a special type of flux or something about a welder that he modified for either cast iorn welding and/or upside down welding. I can't remember what exactly he was in the book for. He told me about it several years ago but now he's gone to be with the Lord.

His name was Frank G Vallejo. If you run across that name let me know.
              Thanks,
              Mikes1

Comment

Working...
              X