Used TIG machine pricing... nead the biggest bang for the buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvr and cameras

if you can find a junker computer to turn into a dvr that would be the way to go. you can pick up capture cards pretty cheap. um, im not sure what their track record is but chinavasion.com has good prices on cameras and pci cap cards. really they try to sell to distributors but oh well. cmos cameras are cheaper than ccd but burn a few % worth more power, its just older technology that has been perfected , and equal resolution for the most part. making IR illuminators is pretty straight forward and all ccd and cmos cameras can see the IR spectrum, just need to get high power LEDs and do some big boards of them for spot lights. they dont have to be on the camera and its better if they have a daylight sensor, i could dig up a circuit if need be.

im a blue collar nerd of sorts, electronic hardware is my first discipline, on the other hand im young and stupid.
    Son of usmcpop. Lincoln SP175+, Miller Syncrowave 250, Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC, Victor O/A, Index 745 Mill, Clausing 5904 lathe, Harbor Freight 8x12 lathe.

Accurate is a relative term...right?

Comment

What you need is one of those auto defense units they are developing for the military

I saw this one on military channel a couple weeks back. They are making these robotic stand alone sentries that identify friend or foe and engage whoever comes too close with whatever arms they have hooked to it. Right now they are testing them with bb guns. Neat concept though a tad expensive. Still, there is nothing like the look on a turds face when he is looking down the barrel of a .40 cal. Priceless, truly priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by tansit234 View Post
        making IR illuminators is pretty straight forward and all ccd and cmos cameras can see the IR spectrum, just need to get high power LEDs and do some big boards of them for spot lights. they dont have to be on the camera and its better if they have a daylight sensor, i could dig up a circuit if need be.
        Are those high power LED's just IR spectrum? As for the daylight sensor, I've seen those made with 555 timers and a photocell. If you know of a better way, I'd be interested.
        HH210 w/spool gun
        HTP Invertig 201

Comment

Working...
        X