Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used TIG machine pricing... nead the biggest bang for the buck

Howdy Howdy!

I am curious what the "god deal" going rate is for a reputable brands 200amp-ish AC/DC Tig machine. It does not nead to be an inverter, but pulsing would be awesome. I have found an older Syncrowave 200 for 1,250$ with no meters, and no pulsing and it's about 500 lbs. I have also found a used Thermal Arc AC/DC INverter that looks like the 185's that everyone raved about. It has all the features I like, for about 1,750 to start. These are Ebay auctions. I have an idea of new prices for the Lincoln PT 225 and Miller Syncrowave 200. On Sale, over the web is about 1,850. I am fairly set on this type of machine output.

I was robbed of tons of my tooling and family gear on 4th of July, and I am replacing them as I find deals. For once, an insurance company treated me fairly, or as fairly as an insurance company treats people with claims. Some things I have learned that I really didn't nead, and some I would rather have. I just got ripped off again this weekend, in the middle of moving, and it just sucks. We (I.E. the neighbors dog...) stopped the guys before they came back with a truck and totally cleaned me out. Everything of value was stacked bye the front door in my own camping bags! So I am taking everything today with me, no more truckload at a time. Sigh. And I nead to get a Dog at my new place. At least I got pics of the guy on my security camera I put up . The cops chaised him down with a K-9 unit too.

Sorry, I had to vent a bit. Hobart, I love your products, I just don't see a Tig with the features I want, or I'd look into a Hobart product.

Thanks folks! Brian Lee Sparkeee28

Man...where do you live?? You need one of our dogs,

or

Comment

A dog or an armed gaurd. I am the latter.

Brian, sorry to hear of your troubles. I am in the same boat sorta. I'm looking for a used or cheaper 250a+ tig machine. If 200a is all you want, maybe a new Synch 200 Tigrunner at 2000 bucks is the way to go. Otherwise, I am seeing the used 250's with cooler running in the 2500-3000 range, depending on age. Used inverters are risky, esp if you don't know the run time they have on them or can't use them first. Three to four years is considered the life of an inverter in a daily drive situation. For hobbiests or light users, it will last as long as it is taken care of. The same goes for the daily drivers....if they weren't abused, they may last longer. But with the way people take care of things these days, it is extremely hard to find pristine units.

That may help a bit as that was what I was told by various sources and what I am going by in my search.
      Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkeee24 View Post
        I am curious what the "god deal" going rate is for a reputable brands 200amp-ish AC/DC Tig machine.
        You'll need better connections than us to get the "God deal."
        Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

if you look long and hard (ebay , craigslist ect) i think you can do very well.
          2 yrs ago i won an auction on ebay for a lincoln squarewave tig 255 for 1200 bucks. the machine is a 1993 and one owner. this guy had a very nice home shop. it was a shop i would love to have. he had an 8 ft lathe, 2 milling machines, a plasmacam and this welding machine. all the tools were very well keeped. so anyway back to the welder....it was out of the crate clean. like BRAND NEW. it came with a bernard ss cooler, a very nice and small w/c weldcraft crafter 310 torch and all of the original paperwork. i have never had the need to run this machine to the max (315amps). i have run run a few other miller sychro 250s,300s and350s at work, i can honestly say i like the weld of my machine better than the millers. but i guess what i am getting at is look around, and you will find what you need. 1200 bucks for all that and that condition, i thought i did very well. todd
          if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff
          lincoln 100 mig,squarewave 255, zena 200a mobile welder, hypertherm 1000,victor torches craftsman/atlas 12x36 lathe,duff milling machine, eight inch adjustable and a BIG hammer

Comment

I purchased a Lincoln PrecisionTig 275 with optional panel and watercooler package from Kevin of KB Fabrications earlier this year for $2600. While I might have found it for less on eBay or elsewhere, I decided that the minimal extra he was asking was well worth the expense. The machine was three years old and in "as new" condition because Kevin had done a superb job of maintaining the machine. A drive half way across the U.S to pick up the machine. was well worth it to me to pick up a welder that I knew was in good condition from viewing pics of his shop on various forums. Now, hopefully this winter when work slows down, I hope to learn and become moderately adept with this welder. Wish me luck...I was far from an "A" student back in high school learning gas welding...
            Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Keep an eye on craigs list and ebay

Craigs list in your nearby areas is the best place to shop stuff people are just selling for sake of selling. Thats the first place I go looking for cars nowdays. Ebay for some reason even new stuff seems to turn some very good deals too if you have the patience. Like anything else its a matter of patience. You might try floating an ad on craigs list in the wanted section. Keep the faith.
              As for your other varmint problem a little dog goes a long ways. The louder the better. Barring that you can do something else that a spy once told me in a class. Yea a real spy that lived in East Germany for a number of years and he looked more like Uncle Buck than 007. Get you a massive dog bow with a massive chain and tough guy collar. Park the gear bolted in a conspicuous place where passing scum can see it. The magic is in the fact that it's not the dog they see but rather the dog that's "around someplace hiding" that keeps em away. A doberman sign is nice since all scum learn from the time they fell off mommys tit that the first sign of a doberman is when he latches on to his skanky ***. I personally have the dangerous sign with the doberman on it as we have an overly snoopy tax assessor here. She crawl around like the fat slug she is armed with her stupid camera and my daughter stumbled on her snooping once. The only thing she could run fast enough to catch is a doughnut rolling down a counter. No one has seen her around since the sign down by the end of the driveway. This technique also works for cops as well I am told, ask any drug dealer. You could shoot a crook or two and hang em in a conspicuous spot but they just stink up the place too much.............................................. .............

Comment

Here in Cali the cops walk in and shoot the dogs first. I like the empty dog collar idea...for those who don't have dogs.

Comment

Brian,

Sorry to hear about this. Your story of being robbed makes me very insecure about my own stuff being stolen. I've been thinking of putting up cameras and a DVR to record anyone snooping around. Guess I better get it done before it's too late.
                  HH210 w/spool gun
                  HTP Invertig 201

Comment

Originally posted by 1990notch View Post
                    Brian,

Sorry to hear about this. Your story of being robbed makes me very insecure about my own stuff being stolen. I've been thinking of putting up cameras and a DVR to record anyone snooping around. Guess I better get it done before it's too late.
                    I've had a system lie that for a couple of years now, you'd be surprised at what happens around your house when you're sleeping!

Comment

security

Howdy Howdy!

It's pretty easy to setup your own security camera system now. I use a card in the back of my computer, cost about 120$ and it accepts 4 camera inputs. Records directly to my harddrive. Cameras are motion activated, and night vision also. decent security cameras are around 100$ each for "cost efficient, but not cheep" type. They glow red at night with like 100 infra red LED's too, they may deter some. at least it shows it's not a dummy. Anyway, The guy looked like he was tweeking out on major drugs, so I don't know what would have deterred him. The fact that my neighbors dog chased him down the street, and then he came back 5 minutes later is un nerving. Then the cops where there, and chased him down, tracking him for about 2 hours. This time they really went all out. I guess he robbed a bunch of other folks that week t in the area too.

So, you don't nead to buy a multi-plexer or anything like that. It's about 300$ for two cameras, cords, and the card for your puter. I got mine at FRY'S. It has software for playback, pause and stepping, all the standard stuff. It might not keep your stuff from being stolen, but if you have it documented, insurance can't really say much otherwise.

Good luck! Brian Lee Sparkeee28

Comment

I would recommend routing your signal to an external HDD and not to a drive where you have valuable information, like Hobartweldtalk. I had to give my HDD to police, one time last year when they were investigating a murder in the neighborhood. For $160 you can get a HDD that will accept 8 cameras, and runs 24/7, saving wear & tear on my computer.

Comment

tig

You can actually get a new Thermal Arc AM185 for about $1800 I think from Indiana Oxygen. If I do get a TIG machine it would probably be that one for starters, besides it has a warranty.
                          Son of usmcpop. Lincoln SP175+, Miller Syncrowave 250, Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC, Victor O/A, Index 745 Mill, Clausing 5904 lathe, Harbor Freight 8x12 lathe.

Accurate is a relative term...right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky D View Post
                            I would recommend routing your signal to an external HDD and not to a drive where you have valuable information, like Hobartweldtalk. I had to give my HDD to police, one time last year when they were investigating a murder in the neighborhood. For $160 you can get a HDD that will accept 8 cameras, and runs 24/7, saving wear & tear on my computer.
                            hey, Rocky...give us a source for that $160 HDD that has camera inputs. Does it only live when the computer is turned on? I put a USB external on my Dell last year just for photos, and it works great!, but the whole camera thing is new territory for me.
                            "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Originally posted by Hotfoot View Post
                              hey, Rocky...give us a source for that $160 HDD that has camera inputs. Does it only live when the computer is turned on? I put a USB external on my Dell last year just for photos, and it works great!, but the whole camera thing is new territory for me.
                              Hotfoot, I think he's talking about a stand-alone DVR type box. It would have the camera inputs, space for a hard drive, built in webserver and connections for hook up to a dsl or cable internet service. That way you can view your cameras from anywhere via internet.

$160 is cheap for one. They seem to usually run $300 and up. The lower priced ones only work with lower resolution cameras, from what I've read. Maybe it's good enough though. There's a bit of a price difference between the lower resolution and higher resolution cameras too. Like anything else, quality costs more.
                              HH210 w/spool gun
                              HTP Invertig 201

Comment

Working...
                              X