Hobart Trailer Mounted Welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart Trailer Mounted Welder

I have an older model Hobart Trailer Mounted welder for sale. Not sure about the details or even if it is functional. Any suggestions on the best way to sell this equipment and an appropriate price? I can send pictures if interested.

Originally posted by GailHall View Post
    I have an older model Hobart Trailer Mounted welder for sale. Not sure about the details or even if it is functional. Any suggestions on the best way to sell this equipment and an appropriate price? I can send pictures if interested.
    I'm assuming this is an engine-driven welder? If you can find a model name and a serial number and post it here, the Hobart forum moderators could tell when it was built and who the original owner was. Pictures help as they give some idea as to condition. Engine drives often sit outside exposed to the weather and appearance can affect the going price. Do you know if it (the trailer part) is road-worthy, with decent tires still holding air? An idea as to where the welder is located is meaningful to a prospective purchaser since it can be expensive to ship, deliver or pick up.

Hope that helps.....
    CanoeCruiser
    Harris dual-stage O/A
    Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
    Hobart IronMan 210
    Lincoln PowerMig 135
    Miller 3035 spoolgun
    Thermal Arc 185
    Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
    Angle grinders, vicegrips, the usual suspects
    Two hands, tired body, not enough time...

Comment

Trailer Mounted Hobart Welder

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2654.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	664223Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2655.JPG
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	664224Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2653 (3).jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	664225
      It has an engine and has been sitting in the California weather for several years. The tires definitely need to be replaced. I will try to upload some pictures.

Also my dad has hundreds of welding rods of various sizes. Based on what I have read they probably have not been properly stored. Can these be recycled or do they still have some use?
      Last edited by GailHall; 02-15-2012, 09:36 AM. Reason: Reduce picture size

Comment

Hobart Trailer Mounted Welder/Generator

I was able to get more details on this Hobart Welder. It has a 6 cycle gas engine. DC only 400 AMPS, 40 Volts. 60% Duty cycle. The Serial # is 16DW-2370 another number on the plate was GHB-4183. If anyone can provide any information on this Welder or is intrested in purchasing it, let me know. I'm sure it was functional when my dad bought it many years ago, it has been sitting out in the weather so it needs new tires to tow it (16" rims 5 lug) and the hoses and belts need to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by GailHall View Post
          I was able to get more details on this Hobart Welder. It has a 6 cycle gas engine. DC only 400 AMPS, 40 Volts. 60% Duty cycle. The Serial # is 16DW-2370 another number on the plate was GHB-4183. If anyone can provide any information on this Welder or is intrested in purchasing it, let me know. I'm sure it was functional when my dad bought it many years ago, it has been sitting out in the weather so it needs new tires to tow it (16" rims 5 lug) and the hoses and belts need to be replaced.
          To make this more sale-able, one thing anyone will want to know is whether it still turns over. Also, if you can identify the make and model of the engine , it might possibly be more valuable than the welder, since many of the old flathead sixes were also used in cars. Also, you can go here and see if you can obtain a manual. This will also add value, and only costs $15.

https://www.hobartwelders.com/owners...oldmanuals.php

The rods might be salvageable, if not in the low-hydrogen class, and they have been kept dry, but would only be of value locally because of shipping weight.

Comment

Working...
          X