Vintage Hobart Welder/Generator - 1950's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Hobart Welder/Generator - 1950's

Hobart portable welder/generator from the 1950’s (I think). My Dad purchased this unit either new or fairly new, fabricated the heavy-duty tricycle cart, and operated the welder/generator coupled to a 1940’s vintage Willy’s (Jeep) flathead 4-cylinder engine. The Willy's engine was subsequently removed and sold separately, but the welder and cart are still ready to go. The price for the welder/generator and cart is $250 obo. Additionally, I have a Wisconsin 4-cylinder industrial engine (VE41, 90 cid) to sell, which puts out something in the low or mid 20-horsepower range. For a talented mechanic, that Wisconsin engine could be coupled up to this Hobart welder/generator and you’d have a very nice portable welding/generating rig all ready to roll. The price for the Wisconsin engine is an additional $450 obo. Please contact my brother Steve at 330-658-2805 or via e-mail at sehennis@yahoo.com, or if you are interested in seeing the welder or need more photos, you can contact me at barbhere2@aol.com.

It's a really neat and interesting old vintage welder. I've had a few people mention that even if they never welded with it, it would make such an interesting addition to a workshop or even as vintage decor for a welder's "mancave" or den. In any case, I'd love for this to find a new home. As mentioned, it was one of my Dad's many, many machines, which after he passed away early this spring, me and my brother need to find homes for.
Working...
X