X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old blue
    started a topic Looking for material

Looking for material

Trying to find sheets of 304 in 22 to 26 gauge with a quilted emboss like what is seen decorating old diners, barber shops and food concession trucks.
    Since I only need a couple of sheets, need to find it locally (freight on a 48" x 120" dimension is prohibitively expensive).
    I'm in Houston. Any ideas?

• LaurenWhite
    replied
    I think you can search over internet or get some reference from your friends and family.

Leave a comment:

• dannyeugene
    replied
    i dont know much in detail about welding and all. but have to learn a little bit now as i am renovating my grandpa's home and need to do welding there...
    australian pokies
    Last edited by dannyeugene; 09-25-2014, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bkmall
    replied
    Originally posted by old blue View Post
    Trying to find sheets of 304 in 22 to 26 gauge with a quilted emboss like what is seen decorating old diners, barber shops and food concession trucks.
    Since I only need a couple of sheets, need to find it locally (freight on a 48" x 120" dimension is prohibitively expensive).
    I dunno about that. I think it all depends. I purchased some 22ga, 304, quilted sheet metal from http://www.commercemetals.com/stainl...en-backsplash/ a while back for a kitchen backsplash job, and shipping was $120 or so. Now that was almost local, but they have online shipping quotes, and I checked what it cost out to CA to see if I could get em down. The cost was only $200 or so, which I guess is still somewhat pricey depending on what you can get the metal for locally.

Leave a comment:

• old blue
    replied
    Originally posted by vicegrip View Post
    Very easy to do in a brake-press or even an apron brake.
    If interested I'll detail it.

vg
    Am interested

Leave a comment:

• Northweldor
    replied
    Originally posted by old blue View Post
    Have you tried this outfit? Even though they are fabricators, they might be willing to sell you stock.

http://www.emwhouston.com/decorative...abrication.htm

Leave a comment:

• vicegrip
    replied
    Very easy to do in a brake-press or even an apron brake.
    If interested I'll detail it.

vg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X