Looking for material

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for material

Trying to find sheets of 304 in 22 to 26 gauge with a quilted emboss like what is seen decorating old diners, barber shops and food concession trucks.
    Since I only need a couple of sheets, need to find it locally (freight on a 48" x 120" dimension is prohibitively expensive).
    I'm in Houston. Any ideas?
    Mike

sigpic WHEELED VEHICLE SERVICE SINCE 1960

Very easy to do in a brake-press or even an apron brake.
    If interested I'll detail it.

vg
    sigpicViceGrip
    Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Originally posted by old blue View Post
      Trying to find sheets of 304 in 22 to 26 gauge with a quilted emboss like what is seen decorating old diners, barber shops and food concession trucks.
      Since I only need a couple of sheets, need to find it locally (freight on a 48" x 120" dimension is prohibitively expensive).
      Have you tried this outfit? Even though they are fabricators, they might be willing to sell you stock.

http://www.emwhouston.com/decorative...abrication.htm

Comment

Originally posted by vicegrip View Post
        Very easy to do in a brake-press or even an apron brake.
        If interested I'll detail it.

vg
        Am interested
        Mike

sigpic WHEELED VEHICLE SERVICE SINCE 1960

Comment

Originally posted by old blue View Post
          I dunno about that. I think it all depends. I purchased some 22ga, 304, quilted sheet metal from http://www.commercemetals.com/stainl...en-backsplash/ a while back for a kitchen backsplash job, and shipping was $120 or so. Now that was almost local, but they have online shipping quotes, and I checked what it cost out to CA to see if I could get em down. The cost was only $200 or so, which I guess is still somewhat pricey depending on what you can get the metal for locally.

Comment

i dont know much in detail about welding and all. but have to learn a little bit now as i am renovating my grandpa's home and need to do welding there...
            australian pokies
            Last edited by dannyeugene; 09-25-2014, 01:45 AM.

Comment

I think you can search over internet or get some reference from your friends and family.

Comment

Working...
              X