Good respirator for gas welding SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good respirator for gas welding SS

I'm a hobbyist welder and tinker with gas welding small scrap SS. I currently use a 3M respirator I got at Home Depot with fume cartridges but am not 100% sure I'm using the correct respirator to protect me from hexavalent chromium. What are you guys using and where is a good source for such a respirator? Thanks in advance!...

Mark

Originally posted by MarkZ View Post
    I'm a hobbyist welder and tinker with gas welding small scrap SS. I currently use a 3M respirator I got at Home Depot with fume cartridges but am not 100% sure I'm using the correct respirator to protect me from hexavalent chromium. What are you guys using and where is a good source for such a respirator? Thanks in advance!...

Mark
    try the miller half mask it fits under a hood and should protect you
    Miller Trailblazer 251
    Lincoln Electric Pro-Core 125
    14''chop saw
    7 inch grinder,2-4.5 inch grinders,electric die grinder
    half inch drill
    And alot of hand tools

Comment

To be 100% safe, you almost want supplied remote air but it's not very affordable.

Comment

I know it's the old thread but is a respirator required when the mig welding stainless steel?

Comment

You would have to get an industrial hygienist to test the exposure levels to see if one is required. I personally would recommend wearing a respirator whenever welding stainless, regardless of process.

Comment

Working...
          X