Donut mixer mod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donut mixer mod...

Got a call from a guy today that wants his dough mixer modified. It's made of heavy stainless(3/8 plate)
    and looks like a big tapered hopper with half rounds machined into the bottom of the plate I assume to capture bearings on two mixer shafts...
    He wants me to extend the sides upward 14 inches and close the ends to give the hopper more area for more product. He hasn't provided me with a print so I don't know what grade stainless to order? Unless specified should I use 316? Also since it is just making room for more product I was thinking 10ga. should be thick enough....
    Last edited by B_C; 07-09-2008, 08:34 PM.
    Some people require more attention than others.....Like a LOST DOG and strangers holding out biscuits....

Dynasty 350
    Hobart Beta Mig 200
    Twenty seven Hammers
    Three Crow Bars
    One English Springer Dog

A Big Rock

It's 316L..I had to fix one that was used to make ceramic for tooling dies....the ceramic was so abrasive it wore away the side walls and I has to weld patches all over it. It had a tub that was 3 feet in diameter, and 3 feet tall.
    Last edited by Rocky D; 07-09-2008, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Stainless has got so expensive that this job is going to cost the guy a ton for material....about 700 bucks so far just figuring in my head....I have to sit down today and get some final numbers for this job bid...I hope my plasma still works (Haven't used it for a year) I'll need it to fit the end pieces
      Some people require more attention than others.....Like a LOST DOG and strangers holding out biscuits....

Dynasty 350
      Hobart Beta Mig 200
      Twenty seven Hammers
      Three Crow Bars
      One English Springer Dog

A Big Rock

Comment

Working...
      X