Jeff's CNC Plasma Cutting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff's CNC Plasma Cutting

Hi all, for about the last 25 years [off and on] I have been casting aluminum, brass and copper. Started out using charcoal to melt aluminum, have made a metal cutting lathe, works very well, [did not have the money to buy one], since then I started using and have made two other furnaces, one using LP gas and the other using 240v electric elements. I would like to know if someone knows of a way to control the heat, [without going to alot of expense], with digital electronics, heat range from 1200 degrees F to 2500 degrees F ? I can build it if someone has a readable schematic with all the values and parts list, although this might be to much to ask for, thought I
    would ask, thanks Jeff. I cast these parts to build my CNC plasma cutting machine.
    Last edited by jeff-; 08-17-2010, 08:58 AM. Reason: title
    sigpicJeff's CNC Plasma Cutting

Sorry Jeff, Cabt help ya on the controls, but those are some pretty casting for you machine anyway!!!!
    Bob
    Enough tools to do anything, common sense to use em properly.
    Big nasty scar, no kidneys, so you think you got issues?

Comment

Jeff's CNC plasma cutting

Originally posted by Rbeckett View Post
      Sorry Jeff, Cabt help ya on the controls, but those are some pretty casting for you machine anyway!!!!
      Bob
      Thanks for looking anyway, Jeff.

Comment

Jeff,
        Try the link below for the Practical Machinist site. There may be someone on that site that could provide the information you are searching for.
        http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...a-welding-fab/
        Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyoming View Post
          Jeff,
          Try the link below for the Practical Machinist site. There may be someone on that site that could provide the information you are searching for.
          http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...a-welding-fab/
          Thanks Wyoming, I will check them out, Jeff.

Comment

There might be some good oven info here: http://forum.caswellplating.com/oven-building-forum/

My son is going to build one soon. He got one of those $35 digital controllers. Do a search on JLD612 or TET612.

EDIT: Check this thread:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...ne-off-199644/
            Last edited by usmcpop; 08-18-2010, 10:55 AM.
            --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
            -------------------------

Comment

Check out some of the powder coater forums. They have a lot of information about temperature controls, as it is critical to the process.

The temperature ranges they deal with are far below your needs, but if you can get some feel for the makers of the digital controllers and follow that trail, you might find that they make what you need.

Caswell
              Eastwood
              Powderbuythepound
              Powder365
              Lincoln Power MIG 140C Victor A/O
              Dewalt 14" Chop Saw IR 20gal 5hp Compressor
              Craftsman bench grinder, tabletop drill press

Carton of Common Sense: Medium
              Box of Experience: Small
              List of things to learn: Long!

Oh,, an old 360 Green Card and a 370 Yellow Green Card too..

Comment

Thanks guys I will look into this, Jeff.

Comment

Ha guys, I found just what I have been looking for, it will handle 2300 degrees F. Temp controller, t couple and ssr all under $200.00 @ lightobjects.com , cool stuff, thanks Jeff.

Comment

Working...
                  X