Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FusionKing
    replied
    So is there a good way to tell which one you need?
    I have some I bought like 10-11 years ago or even more and could not tell you what it was if my life depended on it. It has always worked for me tho
    It was $75 a pound back then.

Leave a comment:

• vwguy3
    replied
    Yes,AZ61A and AZ92A.

http://amfiller.com/files/mag_chart.pdf

This is pretty cool.
    Last edited by vwguy3; 03-27-2009, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• B_C
    replied
    Never really checked before....Are there different grades of Mag Filler?

Leave a comment:

• B_C
    replied
    The only OVEN I have is Momma's and she will hurt me if I put a part in it...How about pre-heat with OA?

You must have an inverter welder with those specs....I have a Lincoln tig 355 sq. wave...What pps and background current would you suggest? I figure from experience with the pulser I would maybe use 3PPS and 50% background and maybe 150 amps and just work the pedal to make things happy......What do you think?
    Last edited by B_C; 12-30-2008, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aerometalworker
    replied
    Originally posted by B_C View Post
    I welded a customers Mag case (motorcycle) today and had a real tough time keeping it from creating porosity spots........I kept the heat on low until it smoothed out but still had a hard time...I have welded mag before (Not too many times) and can't remember it being that bad...it was probably a dirty casting...anyone weld mag a lot with some tips next time for the dirty castings.....

BC
    Ive had to do some nasty cases as well. What I found that seemed to help was using a puler seting of about 120Hz with an AC frequency of around 175-200. This creates a rapid freeze-thaw in the puddle that helps bring the grunge to the surface. I also have been thourghly cleaning and baking the castings beforehand to help migrate the oils to the surface.
    -Aaron

Leave a comment:

• B_C
    started a topic Magnesium case

Magnesium case

I welded a customers Mag case (motorcycle) today and had a real tough time keeping it from creating porosity spots........I kept the heat on low until it smoothed out but still had a hard time...I have welded mag before (Not too many times) and can't remember it being that bad...it was probably a dirty casting...anyone weld mag a lot with some tips next time for the dirty castings.....

BC
Working...
X