C1045 to t-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C1045 to t-1

I'm trying to choose a wire for welding c1045 to t-1 material. Others in my group think that we should use E80T1 wire, I think E70T. The weakest material is the c1045 and from what I understand, we wouldn't need wire greater than the tensile strength it. Why would we need to increase tensile strength and buy "special" wire, rather than use what we have in-house? Your input would be helpful. Thanks!

Originally posted by TAMMI30 View Post
    I'm trying to choose a wire for welding c1045 to t-1 material. Others in my group think that we should use E80T1 wire, I think E70T. The weakest material is the c1045 and from what I understand, we wouldn't need wire greater than the tensile strength it. Why would we need to increase tensile strength and buy "special" wire, rather than use what we have in-house? Your input would be helpful. Thanks!
    Over- or under-matching alloys is usually done for some specific reason. What reason do the "others" give?

Comment

Which E70T? Lincoln says of their E70T-5:

E70T-5 gas shielded wire offer excellent crack resistance on hard-to-weld steels, such as T-1 quench and tempered steels, abrasion resistant steels, and free machining steels. E70T-5 has a basic slag system, similar to 7018 stick electrode, which removes phosphorus and sulfur from the weld metal, which can cause cracking, porosity, and poor toughness. E70T-5s have lowest diffusible hydrogen levels among the flux-cored wires, resulting in excellent resistance to delayed hydrogen cracking, as. In addition, they offer exceptional Charpy impact toughness properties.

There are different flavors of E80T1.
      --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
      -------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X