Lifting Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting Frame

Had to build a lifting frame to replace the bearing on this 2 year old coal unloader.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...php?albumid=32
    Last edited by FWI; 07-17-2010, 09:30 AM.
    Esab Multimaster 260 Sweet machine!
    Thermal Arc Arc Master, Don't use it much just got a heck of a deal on this unit
    Don't talk about it, be about it.

FWI:
    That looks like it takes longer to prepare for the job, than to actually do the repair job.
    What does the bearing look like on the machine that takes all this work..
    sigpic

Comment

If you look in the one picture the bearing puller we made is hanging of the crane. The Bearing is 10'-0" Diameter I don't know what size the actual roller is but I was told the Unloader was 230,000lbs. The actual bearing replacement, to remove the old bearing and machine the race and set the new bearing was 6 hours.
      Thermal Arc Arc Master, Don't use it much just got a heck of a deal on this unit

Comment

FWI:
        So it did take longer to fabricate the frame than to replace the bearing.
        Well at least some one will have the frame work for the next bearing replacement.
        Is that good a bearing only lasting two years.??
        sigpic

Comment

They did keep the jacking frame and no the bearing was supposed to last 10 years with proper maintenance which is done by the machine, which is self greasing. They don't build them like they used too.

Comment

Russel Nash,

Yes you are 100% correct since I've posted this we have replaced bearing in two other similar models and no one seems surprised that it happens. I'm not complaining I'll be happy to replace them to stay busy.

Comment

When I was 17 was in crew of 3 that shoveled coal from train car into dump truck for town's Schools heating. It took about 1 week of easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                When I was 17 was in crew of 3 that shoveled coal from train car into dump truck for town's Schools heating. It took about 1 week of easy work.
                Easy???????

Comment

Then it was surprisingly easy. Now it would be a little harder work. You only have to pick up a shovel full at a time and throw it onto the truck. Not really much harder than throwing base ball playing catch.

Comment

Working...
                  X