where to buy steel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy steel

hey all im new to welding and i was looking where to buy steel in phoenix, az. i have googled it and have not found anything, if you guys know of any places other that HD and lowes or how to go about searching for places it will be very helpul and it will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Alan

Try putting "steel supplier phoenix az" in google, you will get several places. I live about 1600 miles from Phoenix so I have no idea which one has the best prices.

Most likely you will get the best deals by going to one of those yards and asking where the drop pile is located. Usually these smaller leftovers are sold by the pound at low cost and if you are lucky you will find pieces that are big enough for your projects.

Comment

If your new to welding and want some free steel to practice on, check out your local waste industries drop station. Sometimes you can pic up some bed frames.

Google "supply" And your city for various stores and Im sure youll find someone.....
      sigpic
      Miller trailblazer 301G
      Miller S22P12 feeder w/ss case
      K&K 300 amp 15' .035-.045 (Bernard)
      Miller HF-251D-1, Weldcraft AC torch pkg
      Hobart HH187
      Harris DLX STLWKR
      O/A & chemolene
      WARNING These stunts are performed either by professionals or under the supervision of professionals. I insist no one attempt, recreate, or re-enact any activities performed.

Comment

thanks all, researched it more and i found a few places. ima go give them a visit and see what i find. thanks for your help.

alan

Comment

For (mostly) new steel, do a google search on steel service center phoenix then click on the local business results. Davis Salvage might be one to try for scrap.
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------

Comment

Here is one of the more useful web pages, with the large number of steel suppliers and the research information is good.

suppliersonline link
            glen, been there, done that and probably broke it!If you aren't on the edge. You'r taking up to much room

Comment

I've been buying my steel at Davis Salvage on Washington and around 36st for 25+ years. Shop on the north side has steel and the shop on the south side has ornimentals, fence parts etc. 602-267-7208
              self taught amature, SIP 115V flux welder (retired) Now using a Clarke EN180 220V machine

Comment

Captal Metals

I know your post was in March, but I'm new to the forum. Industrial Metal Supply is where a lot of us in Phoenix go. I go there because their remnant prices are excellent. Last week steel was $0.25/lb and I've bought Stainless rems for less than $1/lb and aluminum for $1.49/lb. Now, the are the rems(cut pieces from their other orders), but with imagination you can do a lot.

Steel rems are great - diamond plating, structural shapes, square tube, etc. Best store in town.
                Little John Deere
                ----
                Hobart HH140
                Miller Thunderbolt 300 Arc Welder
                Victor Oxy/Acet. Setup from Grandpa
                Yeah, I have some Harbor Freight Stuff
                SR 71 Blackbird, picked up off of CraigsList
                ----
                Are you a proud American? Where are our leaders? Why did the easy questions become hard and the hard questions get answered without answers?

Comment

I'll second that. Industrial Metal Supply is THE place in the Phoenix area!
                  Awesome selection and great prices.

Comment

Working...
                  X