Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferntj
    replied
    .1 inch thick (probably 12 ga) is plenty strong enough for your cart.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    The Handler 210 only weighs 70#. .100 wall square tube of any dimension will certainly hold that, any size cylinder you want, plus all your junk.

If cost is an issue, angle will certainly be cheaper.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• DaveJeep
    replied
    Nevermind, my local metal supplier has 1/8" and .100 wall only

So .100 wall should be find?
    Last edited by DaveJeep; 01-04-2010, 12:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DaveJeep
    replied
    So I can use 1/16" square tubing? Trying to do this on the cheap and want to use square tubing. Only needs to hold the HH210 and big bottle.

Leave a comment:

• ronnielyons
    replied
    Also, if you guys copy this cart, DO NOT skimp on your casters. With machine, metal and two bottles, it's probably up to about 500 pounds set up like it is, plus I've now got a MM135 sitting on top. Fecal casters will be your death nell, as they won't roll good and they'll 'trip" over the smallest of stuff on your floor and try to skid. Buy the good 8 inch casters once and be done with it.

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• ronnielyons
    replied
    Yeah, after my neighbor and I worked on this for 2 weeks, I was going to powder coat it Miller blue...only to find out he hates blue so i couldn't do that to him. The powdercoater had a red project going at the time and I ran it thru for $100, versus $200 if he changed powder to another color just for me.

Leave a comment:

• old blue
    replied
    but it's the wrong color..

Leave a comment:

• dakkasnik
    replied
    Ronnies cart

WOW !

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... I will soon be cutting steel to build my take on that cart....ITS GORGEOUS!!!

Good Job!

Leave a comment:

• ronnielyons
    replied
    Welding cart

Took my MM210 to a new level: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronnielyons. I really enjoy it being up to standing height.

Leave a comment:

• FabPeddler
    replied
    ingenius

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
    The shop cart just worked so well I used it for long time as homely as it was. When I got the 210 I temp it on my engine stand and then build a real cart for it.
    well waste not, want not,

ingenius use of skills and materials,,

hats off,,

Leave a comment:

• SmokinPRanch
    replied
    I just started building a cart from 1x1x.120 tube. Definitely strong enough and probably overkill for material but it was on hand so cost didn't figure in. It wiill be heavy but I won't have to load it in a truck or anything so that doesn't matter either. Just about anything really would work depending on size, design, gussets, etc.

I always liked working with square/rectangular tubing. Easy to fit up and welds nice. If cost isn't an issue the tubing works great.

Al

Leave a comment:

• Hotfoot
    replied
    The Lawnmower carts are way under-appreciated! They carry loads low and wide. Ones with the big wheels are especially good. The handles are well placed. Recycling/re-use in action!

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    The shop cart just worked so well I used it for long time as homely as it was. When I got the 210 I temp it on my engine stand and then build a real cart for it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• FabPeddler
    replied
    respect the homeless

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
    I change them up every once in a while, went from this to this. Before it was the SP cart it was the plasma cart, didn't have to do a single thing to make it a cart for the cutter, I found it that way, made a bench for the welder.
    I like the 1st one, the homeless downtown welder cart, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    I change them up every once in a while, went from this to this. Before it was the SP cart it was the plasma cart, didn't have to do a single thing to make it a cart for the cutter, I found it that way, made a bench for the welder.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X