X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zrexxer
    replied
    Originally posted by hb_hound View Post
    I stopped by the LWS this morning and was told the gun for my HH210 was discontinued and that nozzle was not available. I was also told that Hobart parts were discontinued Miller products or items that did not pass QC from Miller.
    More ignorant lying by clueless LWS countermonkeys.

The HH210 is not "discontinued," in fact it's only recently released.
    The nozzle IS available, the Hobart number is #770 487 and the Miller number is #226 190.
    Hobart parts are certainly NOT "discontinued Miller products."

Leave a comment:

• hb_hound
    replied
    Rocky, thanks for the great pics, it is always nice to get a visual. I do have questions on the fluxcore nozzle. Are they offered for the HH210 and where is the best place to find one? I stopped by the LWS this morning and was told the gun for my HH210 was discontinued and that nozzle was not available. I was also told that Hobart parts were discontinued Miller products or items that did not pass QC from Miller.

Leave a comment:

• Tom37
    replied
    Wa-Hoooooooooo .... I followed that with my mouse Rocky. The bad part is I had to do it twice before I made it all the way. And then I was close to dizzy.

This is an area that I NEED practice... I loose concentration and get my pattern all messed up.

Thank You for the great drawing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This is for vertical:

Red dot is starting point

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here's another"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here's a pattern I use:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by hb_hound View Post
    Thanks for the replies and helpful information. Time to find some more scrap metal.
    What pattern should I be using when moving the gun (c, sewing, etc..)
    Is it best to push or pull?
    How far should the tip be from the metal?

I have been trying to read as much as possible and this site has been a great help.
    C is ok for pattern, there are lots of others, depending on position, and joint config. It's also ok to just not use a pattern and just keep a steady speed and straight. Draw lines the width of the bead you want on the steel first with soapstone...helps to keep you from wandering.
    The saying is: "when there's slag...you drag" for fluxcore drag or pull the puddle.
    for MIG (with gas) you push. With the tip between 1/4" to 3/8" stickout. It's important to keep it even as you travel, because the distance affects the volt/amp ratio.
    The is a fluxcore nozzle that will allow the contact tip to protrude out farther all by itself to give you a better look at the puddle.

Leave a comment:

• hb_hound
    replied
    Thanks for the replies and helpful information. Time to find some more scrap metal.
    What pattern should I be using when moving the gun (c, sewing, etc..)
    Is it best to push or pull?
    How far should the tip be from the metal?

I have been trying to read as much as possible and this site has been a great help.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Welcome to the forum hb, there's lots of good information here, and we have some fun, too. So join in with your questions, and share your experience. There is no such thing as a dumb or stupid question...we have all had them at one time or another....glad to have you aboard!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's a start. Lots of room for improvement. Your travel rate is slow then fast with short periods of constant travel rate.

Weld bead raised above plane steel surface should be a flat arc with consistent even ripples frozen into the face reinforcement of the weld bead. This is a good representation a a proper weld bead.
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((

This is how ripples in weld bead would look if your moving too fast.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If weld bead is high without good fusion on side(toe), your moving (travel) is too slow and/or not enough amps.
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Using wire feed welder MIG, GMAW or FCAW, flux core welding increase wire feed speed to increase amps and heat. If wire hits bottom of puddle also increase Volts.
    Last edited by Roger; 08-15-2009, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hb_hound
    started a topic ANnother "How does my weld look" thread

ANnother "How does my weld look" thread

Hobart 210
    1/22 .030 Flux Core wire
    1/16" steel

Working...
X