any scrape steel suppliers in minn or midwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any scrape steel suppliers in minn or midwest

I am looking for some salvaged used square steel tubing.
    havn't located a source of used steel square tubing near me in Minnesota.
    Other sources are far away, does any one know of a source for used salvaged steel in the midwest or minnesota/wisconsin?
    I need 4" x 4" x .25" or .3125" by at least 10 feet, I can cut to size.
    need a 176 feet of the 4 x 4 square tubing.
    Last edited by burntside; 02-03-2009, 09:09 AM.

Just a suggestion...Say what size square, what thickness, and how many feet (and in what increments) you are looking for...also, what part of the state you are in. It might help sharpen up the search...
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

burntside is looking for this size

need 4" x 4" x .25" or .3125" by at least 10 feet, I can cut to the size I need.

Comment

10 feet? Heck, you're wasting any money you'd save on buying used running around looking for a salvage yard that has exactly what you want.

I'd just buy the 10 feet you need new and get r' done. It's false economy burning up hours and hours of time to save a few bucks.
        Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Originally posted by burntside View Post
          need 4" x 4" x .25" or .3125" by at least 10 feet, I can cut to the size I need.
          Have you tried over on No. 2nd st. in Mpls?

Comment

Search "steel service centers" on thomasnet dot COM. Do it for MN, then use the zip/distance filter.
            --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
            -------------------------
            DialArc 250 (1974), Idealarc 250 (1971), SyncroWave 250 w/Coolmate 3, SP-175+, TA 161STL,
            Lincwelder AC180C (circa 1952), Victor & Smith's O/A, Dayton (Miller) spot welder, 1200 sq.ft. of garage filled with crap and a kid that can actually run the stuff +++

Comment

A 10 ft. section of 4" X 4" is not your typical scrap yard find.
              Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Do you need 10' total or a 10' single section?

If you just need 10' total and can use smaller parts, I'd see what Discount Steel (discountsteel.com) has in stock for drops (up to 8'), or if you need a single 10' piece, then I'd just have them cut one from stock. You could look for scrap for years and never find that.

Comment

Working...
                X