miller dynasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller dynasty

I know this is a hobart site but I cannot help myself. The past few months I have spent helping others achieve what they thought to be impossible. In both ac and dc the dynasty machines blow competition out of the water. I have brought one into a few shops to train guys with and each shop has either bought one, or has one ordered.
    I would love to see or hear if Lincoln or hobart has something in the works that would compare or beat the dynasty, because although my favorite color is blue, I invite with open arms anyone that can improve.
    Miller dynasty 350
    Miller syncrowave 250
    Miller deltaweld 450
    Miller cp-300
    And one fancy microwelding setup

Lincoln has the 205 ac/dc

I doubt Hobart will bring out anything. It is way too far out of the price range and targeted audience. They have had a simplified miller 150 dc and econotig and 165 offerings before. I just do not think they sold. Hobart dealers did not stock any of the cups, tungstens, etc.
    The dynasty 200 is now well over $3000 for the basic box. Lincoln machine I think is made in Italy. About $3000 also. I really need to practice up TIG ac and dc in order to find better paying work. Just do not want to spend to spend $2500+ for something used. I would have no long term use for a transformer machine. I do not have any shop space. Most higher output Thermal arc stuff is dc only. Nobody around here has much esab,or I would have go in and order every little overpriced part and wait weeks for it. Their wire and rod is stocked locally though.
    Last edited by gatemaker; 02-09-2014, 01:26 PM.
    fence and gate shop worker
    At home...
    Lincoln Power MIG 180....
    Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

Weldaway, educate me. I have never used a Dynasty but would love to try one for myself. I'm a TIG novice, having run through maybe three 80 cf bottles of argon, mostly aluminum with the TA185. My welds don't look awful, they're like an irregular stack of dimes if that conveys an image. With more (much more) welding time that will improve but I'm a vast distance (umm half-vast? ) from eye-candy. The versatility and control over the joining of metal that TIG affords the user is very appealing, and so I strive.

Anyhow, can you elaborate on what separates the Dynasty from the other inverter power supplies? I know the 200 has sine, triangular, square and soft-square waveforms and an extended AC freq range while the 350 has additional adjustability. Is it more than that?

I'm not doubting the superiority of the Dynasty for those with the skill to use it, otherwise few would pay the $$$ to get them. The Miller quality and tech support carries considerable weight but when it's just you and the arc, it's gotta be the machine that closes the deal.
      CanoeCruiser
      Harris dual-stage O/A
      Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
      Hobart IronMan 210
      Lincoln PowerMig 135
      Miller 3035 spoolgun
      Thermal Arc 185
      Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
      Angle grinders, vicegrips, the usual suspects
      Two hands, tired body, not enough time...

Comment

I miss my Dynasty something awful. I hardly ever even tig'd with it either. It is a very interesting machine to just stick weld with. It's just different.

Comment

It has to open up Shamanic Pathways to a guy welding aluminum.

Comment

Originally posted by canoecruiser View Post
            I'm not doubting the superiority of the Dynasty for those with the skill to use it, otherwise few would pay the $$$ to get them. The Miller quality and tech support carries considerable weight but when it's just you and the arc, it's gotta be the machine that closes the deal.
            Untill Ryan weighs in, I'll mention that 14 months on the Dynasty 350, quallities me to say............

...... "It's just the oppposite" A skilled tigger can weld with anything!
            Someone like me who edged at "respectable para-tool welding" at best,
            is who bennefits most. The Dynasty is so versatile you can dial it around
            even to the point, that you can troubleshoot your own technique,
            and isolate areas in your welding that need adjusting.

I've advanced from 'C' league 'B' league just because of the Dynasty,
            and Weldaway's coaching me in it's deployment.

PS;
            Ryan (weldaway) doesn't blow his own trumpet vary well.
            I can attest to his ranking in Tig / Tool welding as top-shelf.

I'm holding a big pile of CNC guidence in an account for him
            as a token of thanks when he ever takes receipt of it!
            Last edited by vicegrip; 02-09-2014, 03:57 PM.
            sigpicViceGrip
            Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

I think the Dynasty constantly invites the user to want more. But I guess that person would need to want more out of every other area of life too. It is a thing to behold and a fine experience in life.

Comment

Originally posted by mikecwik View Post
                I think the Dynasty constantly invites the user to want more. But I guess that person would need to want more out of every other area of life too. It is a thing to behold and a fine experience in life.
                Hook up an iPod to the remote input of a Dynasty and play some Van Halen music. Amazing bead shapes.

http://youtu.be/A2I0a7EwWa8?t=1m21s
                --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
                -------------------------

Comment

I like the hooking up of an ipod and jamming to so van Halen while watching some crazy looking beads appear.

To answer the question and extend upon phils great answer to what separates the dynasty from other machines, is.......... where do I start?
                  It is difficult to completely explain in words without giving a run through but I'll sum it up as best as I can. I have been able to use many machines and compare them, and the best way to describe is that most machines I will push to their limits and beyond if that's possible. But the dynasty does not give that feeling, as I can adjust in the a.c. As necessary to shape my beads as I please and same goes for d.c..
                  where I would once need a special machine to micro weld with, I can utilize the dynasty. Where once I would use one machine for steel and one for aluminum, I use the dynasty. Training people becomes a breeze also, utilizing the pulse as a filler addition timer.
                  I know this post is all over the place but I'll continue a little.
                  In d.c. The pulse on this machine is unbeatable, and easily one of the greatest benefits you can receive as a novice or pro. Thin stainless, no problem go to town on it. Razor blade edge on a mold, not scared at all.
                  a.c. also has pulse, but not as radical as the d.c. side. The big benefit to a.c. is what seems to be endless adjustment of one's bead shape.
                  No need to write a book, I'll stop here for now
                  Last edited by weldaway; 02-09-2014, 08:52 PM.
                  Miller dynasty 350
                  Miller syncrowave 250
                  Miller deltaweld 450
                  Miller cp-300

Comment

Originally posted by weldaway View Post
                    . Training people becomes a breeze also, utilizing the pulse as a filler addition timer.
                    Hunh? I must have skimmed over that part.

Means what it sounds like it means? ... I trust!
                    sigpicViceGrip

Comment

Originally posted by gatemaker View Post
                      I doubt Hobart will bring out anything. It is way too far out of the price range and targeted audience. They have had a simplified miller 150 dc and econotig and 165 offerings before. I just do not think they sold. Hobart dealers did not stock any of the cups, tungstens, etc.
                      The dynasty 200 is now well over $3000 for the basic box. Lincoln machine I think is made in Italy. About $3000 also. I really need to practice up TIG ac and dc in order to find better paying work. Just do not want to spend to spend $2500+ for something used. I would have no long term use for a transformer machine. I do not have any shop space. Most higher output Thermal arc stuff is dc only. Nobody around here has much esab,or I would have go in and order every little overpriced part and wait weeks for it. Their wire and rod is stocked locally though.
                      A good tig welder is hard to find, it would be well worth your time to learn. I remember reading about a tool repair shop out in cali, perhaps it's near you. Santa ana California if I remember correctly.
                      Last edited by weldaway; 02-09-2014, 09:07 PM.
                      Miller dynasty 350
                      Miller syncrowave 250
                      Miller deltaweld 450
                      Miller cp-300

Comment

Originally posted by vicegrip View Post
                        Hunh? I must have skimmed over that part.

Means what it sounds like it means? ... I trust!
                        You got me phil, training is never easy. Turning the pulse down and showing a green welder a rhythm as apposed to the normal irratic stabbing at a puddle gives a little boost to progress. other machines with pulse allow this also.
                        Miller dynasty 350
                        Miller syncrowave 250
                        Miller deltaweld 450
                        Miller cp-300

Comment

I would have retired and died before I would have ever thought to try that

Frikken 'embarrasing Man.
                          sigpicViceGrip

Comment

Originally posted by vicegrip View Post
                            I would have retired and died before I would have ever thought to try that

Frikken 'embarrasing Man.
                            No embarrassment necessary. You learn something new everyday right?
                            Miller dynasty 350
                            Miller syncrowave 250
                            Miller deltaweld 450
                            Miller cp-300

Comment

Weldaway, thank you. What you said makes sense. Like Phil grasped, the use of the pulser as a timer is an elegant concept, one I completely missed until you mentioned it. I'd put a lightbulb emoticon after the last sentence if there was one .

Now I have some learnin' to do (insert a thumbs-up thingy here).
                              CanoeCruiser
                              Harris dual-stage O/A
                              Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
                              Hobart IronMan 210
                              Lincoln PowerMig 135
                              Miller 3035 spoolgun
                              Thermal Arc 185
                              Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
                              Angle grinders, vicegrips, the usual suspects
                              Two hands, tired body, not enough time...

Comment

Working...
                              X