3035 Spool gun question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3035 Spool gun question

Guys I have a 210 miller mig welder, I am in the market for a spool gun. Wil the Hobart 3035 spool gun work on my setup? I have noticed they are a little bit cheaper and look the same as the miller 3035 gun. I know it is an odd setup but tryin to save all the coins that I can. I figure it has the 4 pin hookup just like the miller. Just wondering if it would work?
    Thanks

The gun I am looking at is a DP-3035 10

Comment

The Miller 3035 is the recomended set up for the MM210. It has the correct back end and is rated for the machine and duty cycle. The plug and play direct no adapter connection has all the gas solenoids and wire speed all set up and ready to go. Dont know if there is a difference in the hobart part number, but I would venture to say it is probaly OK. The hobart expert guys will know for sure. The 3035 works good on the 210 within it amp limitations. Fit up amd cleaning are very importsant to get the best weld appearance and performance. Good luck, hope this helps.
      Bob
      Bob
      Enough tools to do anything, common sense to use em properly.
      Big nasty scar, no kidneys, so you think you got issues?

Comment

The power pin on the DP 3035-10 is too small for the Miller units, it's sized for the Handler feedheads.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Brian View Post
          The power pin on the DP 3035-10 is too small for the Miller units, it's sized for the Handler feedheads.
          There is always a catch......

Comment

Power Pin?

What is the power pin? Most spool guns I have saw had the 4 prong plug, a terminal with a hole for the positive cable, and a gas hose hookup. Please tell me what i am missing. Is the 4 prong plug different?
            Thanks

Comment

The power pin is the brass "bullet" with the two o-rings that plugs into the feedhead.
              Brian

Comment

Just buy the older Miller 3035 gun. It has a lug that you bolt on the feeder (where you change your polarity), the gun switch plug, and a hose to connect to the gas supply. I had mine connected to my old MM185, but now run it off my Trailblazer with an sga 100c. If you do that without the 100c you can install a switch that cuts of power to the feeder motor, when using the spoolgun, or you canjust flip open the drive rolls. When I conected mine to the MM185, the retro kit had a Tee and a 3 way valve to put into the gas hose under the hood of the machine. You just turn the valve to run gas to the SG. Works but you are not going to save that much money over getting the right spoolgun for your machine.
                Walker
                Chief slag chipper & floor sweeper
                Ironwood Artistic

Comment

Will this spool gun work on a Handler 140 with a Miller SGA 100 Control 043856.There is a huge price difference between the 10 ft and 20 ft cable length(obviously) but they say that the 3035-10 will not work on a Handler 140.Even with the control module?Any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by gscmarine View Post
                    Will this spool gun work on a Handler 140
                    If it was me i would shop for a bigger welder first. Because after you get everything set up you will want to do bigger than the 140 will handle. Just my thoughts...Bob
                    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
                    Metal Master Fab
                    Salem, Ohio
                    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
                    http://www.ceilingtrains.com/
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sawking/
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbend10k/

Comment

Some machines now have "tipsaver"

Some machines will now shut off the output or gas if there is no arc sensed a few seconds after pulling the trigger. I think the new 230 does some of this, but not sure.
                      The setup for a spoolgun may or may not override some of this if it wasn't originally compatable. If you are using a controlbox with a contactor you would want the machine to stay "hot" all the time. I don't think Miller/Hobart sell too many of the SGA boxes anymore.
                      fence and gate shop worker
                      At home...
                      Lincoln Power MIG 180....
                      Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

Working...
                      X