Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank

Just did a little air water seperator for my friends rx-7. Not too hard and kind of was fun. Made it out of 3/16 5053 aluminum and tig welded the whole thing. I matched the shape of the old plastic one since my firend wanted it to look stock. At the bottom is a custom machined aluminum plug that was pressed into the brass nipple. This was to restrict the flow to match the stock one.
    Syncrowave 300
    Thermal arc gtsw300
    Thermal arc hefty ll
    hobart handler 125
    Acorn table

Nice little tank you made there!
    I enjoy making stuff like that myself, fun and a sense of pride when it turns out like you envisioned it.

Comment

It is so cool to replace Jap plastic with a work of art,that will last a lifetime!

Comment

i hope it will last a lifetime that is the idea lol The original plastic ones are notorius for blowing up and then all the coolant pours out of the engine and then nothing good can come from that lol. It was really neat making this one. It was so small i am used to making big marine tanks so this was a nice change of pace.
        Syncrowave 300
        Thermal arc gtsw300
        Thermal arc hefty ll
        hobart handler 125
        Acorn table

Comment

Yeah looks cool
          Some people require more attention than others.....Like a LOST DOG and strangers holding out biscuits....

Dynasty 350
          Hobart Beta Mig 200
          Twenty seven Hammers
          Three Crow Bars
          One English Springer Dog

A Big Rock

Comment

Nice work. I never understood the engine and plastic argument it just doesn't seem logic to put plastic on or around a motor. But hey I could be wrong.
            Esab Multimaster 260 Sweet machine!
            Thermal Arc Arc Master, Don't use it much just got a heck of a deal on this unit
            Don't talk about it, be about it.

Comment

Working...
            X